SSO Made Easy
June 04, 2014
SSO Made Easy
Score 10 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Okta
The entire organization uses Okta. We rolled it out over a year ago. We currently have about 20 applications in our user menu, depending on role. The first problem it addressed was password resets. It was our #1 ticket and call driver to the Help Desk. Within two months, password resets dropped to #6. Productivity has increased because employees can get to all their apps on any device, including mobile. Acquisition integration has been a lot easier. I just set them up with an Okta account and they have access to most of our tools on Day 1. Hardly any need for VPN anymore. Employees love it. App owners are beating down my door to add more apps to it.
- Easy to implement. We had Okta with Google and Box loaded in a day or two. In-house In the past, SSO typically took weeks, sometimes months.
- Excellent customer support.
- Thousands of SAML based apps in their catalog, and more added each day. Non-SAML apps can be connected with Secure Web Access (SWA) very easily.
- Non-SAML apps were an obstacle at first, but we solved that with their SWA connection.
- I only had one System Administrator handling Okta duties. Too many items on his plate. Daily disruptions. Recommend, if possible, building a team that has the skill set to implement and also use professional services.
- Reduced calls to help desk. Help Desk can now work on higher level Tier 2 tasks.
- Improved productivity. Employees have access to all their tools from any device, including mobile.
- User adoption of new tools better. Even if they don't use a tool everyday, they see it everyday in their Okta menu when they sign in each morning.
- Acquisition integration a lot easier....globally.
We tried building in house and struggled. Our analysis showed Okta met all our needs.