QlikView Review: "Great for Desktop-based Analysts who want to EXCEL beyond MS Excel"https://www.trustradius.com/business-intelligenceQlikViewUnspecified7.75421012018-01-25T17:14:51.992Z
Overall Satisfaction with QlikView
I use Qlikview to analyze sales data, customer satisfaction (survey) data, and to build dashboards to display and analyze to senior leadership, and marketing management. It is the business intelligence tool of choice for the organization and is used to synchronize the look and feel of analytics across multiple functions and applications (such as data from Salesforce, Qualtrics, Google Analytics, and other applications).
- Easy Data Import and Data Manipulation. I really like how easy it is to import new data and how I can edit the script to clean and format data automatically.
- Creating Business Intelligence visualizations and creating more complex visualizations than I can make in Excel (locking them down is helpful too!).
- Creating interactive elements that allow non-technical users to glean more useful insights at the click of a mouse.
- Qlikview desktop is not easy to share with users who do now have Qlikview. It would be nice to have a sharable "read only" version of the qlikview file that could be emailed to people who just want a report.
- I wish Qlikview was better built for responsive design. It would make it a lot easier to share with users who have large screens or are working on small laptops. I design to my screen but that doesn't work for everyone and the zoom feature makes things fit but not necessarily proportionally sized.
- Easier quick start guide for new business users. The UI is not super friendly but once you get used to it, it all makes sense. However, I think a more freshened up UI could help more functions support it faster instead of relying on Excel for everything.
Qlikview is great for extracting and cleaning data from ODBC compliant databases and Comma Separated Value (.csv) or excel data files. I think that Qlikview desktop is better than proprietary application's reporting tools since it can gather and compile data from multiple sources. It is better for "locking down" reports than Excel and is superior vs. Excel at creating interactive reports.
Because qlikview acts more similar to a SQL database than spreadsheet/Excel software, it is great and adding new data sources and updating data from varied data sources such as OBDC-compliant databases, CSV, and Excel files. It can also connect to other software via export or OBDC connection. The script file allows data cleaning and ETL all in one location and across the entire data field.
Qlikview is better for desktop-based analysts or managers who already have qlikview desktop installed. Because of the proprietary file type and the lack of mobile-friendly reports, it can be difficult to have reports on the fly. Having "global" reports is useful when using the server version, however for desktop-only clients, sharing and versioning can be difficult if users have to physically/email share the reports/dashboards.
Qlikview is perfectly suited for business analysts who want to create an end-user report for management and senior leadership. Unfortunately, qlikview is less suited for Excel-style reports where users may want to go in an modify reports since it takes a good amount of knowledge to use Qlikview. Additionally, qlikview is less suited for reports that would be reviewed on mobile due to the proprietary file type and the lack of true mobile/responsive design.
QlikView Feature Ratings
Pixel Perfect reports
Report Formatting Templates
Integration with R or other statistical packages
Report sharing and collaboration
Publish to Web
Publish to PDF
Report Delivery Scheduling
Pre-built visualization formats (heatmaps, scatter plots etc.)
Location Analytics / Geographic Visualization
Multi-User Support (named login)
Role-Based Security Model
Multiple Access Permission Levels (Create, Read, Delete)
Responsive Design for Web Access
Dedicated iOS Application
Dedicated Android Application
Dashboard / Report / Visualization Interactivity on Mobile