Scale: It allowed us to triple our business size without tripling our IT costs.https://www.trustradius.com/hyper-converged-infrastructureScale Computing HC3Unspecified9.72411012019-03-13T00:14:54.406Z
March 12, 2019
Scale: It allowed us to triple our business size without tripling our IT costs.
Score 10 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with Scale Computing HC3
We use our scale systems for virtual machine hosting. It allows redundancy, failover, and DR in a simple, speedy way that we did not get from our Citrix or Windows-based virtual environments.
- Speed of new machine deployment: using prebuilt stored clones we can deploy servers virtually within seconds and have them doing their jobs.
- Redundancy: our DR is simplified and allowed above the 99.9999% uptime we all strive for.
- Support: immediate support, remotely built into the OS with a very fast turnaround for any problems.
- The GUI is very limited in its end-user scope, many times we have had minor problems that we could have fixed ourselves but needed Scale to access the system remotely to fix or advise.
- Parts needed to come quickly, but the company is U.S. based mostly. Having more parts in UK would mean an even faster turn around.
- When there have been more advanced problems, the GUI and reporting is quite limited. More info could be given to the end user if there was the ability to do so.
Scale has ALWAYS been right there at the point of need, no matter what method we use to contact them, online chat, remote tunnels to our machines or through the ticket system. They have never failed us in any request.
We have a production environment in the quarrying and construction business. We have expanded from around 1000 employees to over 3000 employees. In that time the number of sites and demand on our infrastructure has also increased. We choose Scale as it allowed us to easily add more nodes, more powerful newer nodes as the business grew. This has been seamless with Scale being on site with us and remotely. I don't think we would have had other solutions out there that would have been as easy to stay ahead of our growing business so easily.
- ROI has been much more positive than originally forecast.
- We have maintained much more uptime than with previous virtual environments.
- IT time is greatly reduced in the maintenance and creation of new or additional servers.
Citrix was our oldest virtual environment and it was tired when we retired it fully. But when testing newer systems it would have taken more time and was not as easily adaptable to grow our system. Hyper-V may be the basic MS virtual environment but the configuration of LUNs and Sans to provide storage would have escalated our time enormously.