Overall Satisfaction with ScreenConnect
We currently use ScreenConnect to connect with my clients for on-demand remote support, to access client equipment unattended for maintenance and upgrade tasks, and to access my own computers and servers while away from the office. The software is used by myself and one additional technician on a daily basis. I found ScreenConnect to be easier to walk the remote client through getting connected than the leading competitors.
- The most common use for us is getting connected to remote users who need immediate help. ScreenConnect is easy for even the most novice of users to understand how to get connected.
- The remote reboot feature is a definite plus, and works even in some cases where the computer has become unresponsive. Safe mode is helpful when removing malware also.
- The toolbox feature is another huge benefit. We have ours filled with troubleshooting and malware removal tools. It saves us the time of downloading these utilities on each machine. Once we place the utility in the toolbox we know we have the most current version on every machine we work on.
- The iPhone app has been problematic with support. It has gone through several revisions which often result in the app not working. The now current version opens sessions to only a black screen.
- ScreenConnect has allowed me to provide immediate support to new clients who may have continued calling other service providers if I was not available. I can often work from anywhere with a cellphone, tablet, or laptop.
- It has also allowed me to do a good portion of maintenance and updates remotely, saving me drive time and allowing me to bill more hours in a work day.
- The screen size scaling allows me to work in multiple sessions without entering and exiting full screen mode all the time, and without scrolling the window to see everything. This is a huge plus while doing the same tasks on multiple computers.
Each product has a slightly different licensing model. I get the best value out of the ScreenConnect licensing of one simultaneous technician with up to 3 active sessions. ScreenConnect has been reliable (except the mobile app) and I've not had any trouble installing the product on client equipment. Past experience with some of the other competitors' products has [shown] difficulty rendering the display remotely or [while] installing.
I have recommended ScreenConnect to a few colleagues and have had nothing but good reviews. It does not limit which logins can access which machines, so it's not ideal for a multiuser remote access solution. But it does work perfect for any type of remote support/service company.