March 11, 2019
Consultant (Royal Mail Group Technology) (18 months - Fixed Term)
Royal MailLogistics and Supply Chain, 10,001+ employees
Score 9 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with ServiceNow
ServiceNow is being used across the whole organisation. The infrastructure management [team] runs the full CMDB service hierarchy on ServiceNow and it is used to support the full ITIL environment in terms of change, incidents, requests, knowledge and asset management. End users make use of features such as the Service Catalog and are able to track their requests
- The interface in terms of Incident and Request Management between Supplier, Business and Customer is simple and efficient.
- Many changes to inventories can be made in real time.
- The plug in modules are good but a high level of customisation is also possible.
- When I click on an item on the left hand pane, it would be nice if ServiceNow could show a summary at the top of where I currently am in ServiceNow, similar to Windows Explorer. An example of this is: If I click on "User Administration - Users" All it shows is Groups at the top left of the right hand pane. What I'm asking for is that is shows the full path of where I currently am. This would also apply to SvcNow links that are sent to me.
- My first point also also applies to ServiceNow links that are sent to me.
- If I look at software models and then return to a specific request, the moment I approve it the screen jumps to the models before I've had a chance to populate a task.
- Positive results in terms of Supplier Management
- Positive results in terms of Configuration Management
- Positive results in terms of our Windows 10 migration programme
It's well suited for our process owners in Change, Incident, Request and Problem scenarios. These areas are covered well. However in Event Management, I noticed that in every new release of ServiceNow, there seems to be an update in Event Management, where it's not required. It breaks our current setup, so we raise an Incident with ServiceNow’s support which takes months to resolve. A current example of this is that we've upgraded to the London release from Jakarta and Alert Management Rules were introduced. This prevented us from creating new Alert Rules until we enlisted an expensive training course! There was nothing wrong with the old Alert Rules, as they worked well. So why bring thing new functionality when it's not required?
ServiceNow IT Service Management Feature Ratings
Organize and prioritize service tickets
ITSM collaboration and documentation
ITSM reports and dashboards
Asset management dashboard
Policy and contract enforcement
Change requests repository