Shopify for ROI
May 21, 2021
Shopify for ROI
Director in MarketingMarketing & Advertising Company, 51-200 employees
Score 9 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Shopify
We use Shopify to sell a variety of merchandise online. We sell everyday merch and special edition merch to brand enthusiasts in the bass fishing industry. We use Shopify to organize inventory catalogs and sell merchandise directly on Instagram. We use the Instagram Shopping and integration to track conversions and sales to measure ROI on our social media advertising spend. We also use Shopify's built-in Google Analytics tracking to measure website behaviors and sales performance.
- Integrates well with Instagram Shopping API
- Real-time reporting for website analytics and sales performance
- Catalog grouping and reporting
- Inventory customization and branded design
- Conversion reporting from Facebook with the new iOS 14 updates could be improved
- Experienced hassles with connecting the Facebook business page multiple times
- Google Shopping integrations with tracking pixels have been glitchy at times
- Extremely positive ROI from our Facebook advertising efforts when comparing the time the ad flights ran to the jump in sales
- The ability to add "You Might Also Be Interested In" aka complementary products to each page is very useful for upsells
- The dashboard shows the real-time sales performance and ROI from the ad spend on Facebook and Instagram and even Google Ads
Shopify is much more user-friendly than WooCommerce and has more robust tutorials, especially for beginners. Shopify also includes more integrations and admin tools that provide an additional later of brand safety for our organization and our agency. Shopify also integrates better with Facebook ads and Instagram Shopping in comparison to any other software we have trialed.
Do you think Shopify delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Shopify's feature set?
Did Shopify live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Shopify go as expected?
Would you buy Shopify again?
- Extremely user-friendly, especially for beginners just breaking into e-commerce
- Excellent real-time reporting and tracking features
- Very customizable, especially with inventory grouping
- Very organized dashboard with almost endless integrations
- Reasonably priced for the basic features
- Excellent customer service and support team
- Clean interface with robust training and tutorials for ease of deployment
- Brand safe user settings and permissions
Shopify Feature Ratings
Product catalog & listings
Bulk product upload
Abandoned cart recovery
Checkout user experience
Promotions & discounts