Our Time in stratustime
August 17, 2018
Our Time in stratustime
Score 8 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with stratustime
stratustime is currently being used at our headquarters and for a few international employees (expats). We move to stratustime from a time system that had been built in house and was only partially automated. With our previous system, we were able to enter time online but would have to print our time sheets and leave requests, sign them, have our manager sign them, and then turn them in to finance. This created a lot of delays because many of our employees travel around the world and were unable to approve the time sheets remotely.
- stratustime forecasts leave for the employee which is really helpful when you are planning a vacation far out and not sure how much time you will have.
- stratustime can handle multiple accrual rates, overtime rules, and holiday schedules which is really helpful when you have employees in multiple states and countries.
- stratustime gives you the ability to future date many changes which is huge when you know someone will be terminating or changing from exempt to non-exempt.
- stratustime can produce a variety of reports that our finance team finds very useful.
- stratustime allows labor distribution by project and we haven't noticed a limit on the number of project codes/cost centers we can enter.
- While you can future date many changes in an employee profile, you can't change all of them. A big one that I wish you could future date is manager changes.
- There is not a way to have the project codes/cost centers automatically accessible for employees. New employees have to go in and activate them. It's a small thing but people just don't pay much attention.
- They could really improve their training materials. Some short videos to share with employees on entering time would be really helpful.
- They don't have a mobile app. They have a mobile website but it isn't great and our employees really want an app.
- Overall, it has really helped us streamline our timekeeping process by allowing managers and employees to approve their time electronically from anywhere with an internet connection.
- The ability to reconcile time sheets in a timely manner as also allowed us to process payroll a few days earlier than we were able to with our previous system.
We evaluated ADP's timekeeping, Kronos, and a few others but couldn't find one that really worked for us. stratustime was by far the cheapest, it didn't have lengthy contracts, and they were willing to work with us to customize parts of it to fit our needs.
We don't use the clock in and clock out feature so I can't speak to that. It works best for our exempt employees and is a little harder for our non-exempt employees. We allow employees to enter their start and stop times but some of our non-exempt employees have trouble logging their meals properly. If they did it incorrectly, they can't always fix it and it has to be fixed by an admin (often by deleting all the time entered for that day).