Overall Satisfaction with TriNet
We use TriNet to support payroll and tax functions, and to track leave time. We also use TriNet for our benefits program.
- Payroll for salaried employees is effortless, we don't have to worry about changing anything.
- Benefits management is very easy.
- Onboarding new Employees is fairly simple.
- Website is consistently buggy, sometimes crashes during the work day, and new features don't come with training or good manuals to learn the operations.
- Our company rep is generally uninformed about who he needs to contact for the answers to more detailed HR questions that we rely on you to be able to answer. If we have an outsourcing company to supplement a small in-house HR team, we expect the outsourcing company to provide all of the services that we cannot perform in-house, not give us inaccurate or poorly informed answers, or take so long to answer that we find another source for the information before our TriNet rep gets back to us.
- Your organizational structure seems very opaque, not just to us but to your employees. I find myself being referred by our client services rep to other TriNet employees/departments for certain tasks, and then having to contact two or three people for those specific issues (such as visas or tax questions), or not being able to get any answer at all (how is the money we pay TriNet broken down into fees for certain services). We ended up having to retain an immigration attorney for visa issues because the TriNet services were so unhelpful.
- When we rolled out the integrated Vacation and Sick time on our TriNet payroll, the entire process was awful, it took months after we wanted to start for the system to start working, and then there were still errors in how things had been set up that I'm not sure ever really got corrected. This was another instance where we started working with our Client Services rep, only to be referred to someone else to complete the project. This time we had problems because not all of the information I gave to one person was making it to the other person.
- We have had a few problems with our hourly employees getting paid on time or in correct amounts, I'm not sure if the problem stems from how they are being entered, a system glitch, or something being done incorrectly on the back end. It's incredibly frustrating because typically our hourly employees are interns, and will not be working here for long, we should be paying them consistently and in the correct amount. Also I am not confident that our employees who are international are being paid in the correct tax brackets, we've had that problem in the past and we may very well have it again.
The time saved on payroll is incredibly helpful, but having the website crash unpredictably can cause real problems when we need something done quickly.
The website can be great, but the platform tends to be buggy and it's not always obvious how to get to what you need (such as Health insurance vendor website) from the available menus.