Overall Satisfaction with Ubiquiti Networks
We had a Cisco router which was end of life. In looking for a replacement, we started to look outside the normal vendors for that type of equipment. We found that the total cost of ownership got very expensive. We also looked at the annual maintenance and complexity of the devices. We found a product by Ubiquiti Networks that solved our issues. We implemented the Edgemax Lite router at several locations and it has worked flawlessly.
- Wireless Devices
- Phone Support - Most of the support is online and through their forum.
- Product Line - They have a lot of products, but there is always room to improve the line. Like adding the latest wireless standard products.
- Training - Offering some training on their products through e-learning or training partners.
- Less Expense - We have cut out several maintenance contracts using their products.
- Easier to use - Their products have rich feature sets, but are not nearly as complicated as some of the competition.
- Performance - We upgraded our router, and get better performance over several competitors' equipment that cost thousands.
- Juniper Enterprise Routers and Cisco
I believe that Ubiquiti Networks equipment is filled with great features. You don't pay nearly as much, nor deal with maintenance contracts. It may lack in terms of redundancy capabilities however. Though for the savings, you could probably keep a cold spare. However since using their products I've not had one fail. I'd say give them a shot and see for yourself. My company went with them over the bigger names in trying to cut our IT budget, as well as not get stuck in a one brand mindset for solutions.
I believe their products fit well in the SMB market space. They are well priced, and give you a very competitive feature set. Many businesses buy products that are complex, and end up spending lots on consulting fees. I also question if a lot of businesses take advantage of the advanced features of those products, or pay for things they don't need. Ubiquiti's product line has the features most organizations require.