Updated July 05, 2017
Score 8 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with UltiPro
At my current company, we use UltiPro for the majority of our Human Resources functions. We use it to maintain employee's electronic records, manage time sheets and time off requests, aid in our recruitment, enroll in benefits, and run reports. I would say we use UltiPro the most within the Human Resources department, but other departments are required to use it as well. For instance, everyone uses it to clock in and out of their shift. It is also used to track a lot of the required trainings and certifications.
- UltiPro has a great support system. There have been a few times we have had to put in a ticket and they always respond in a timely manner. Plus, they are always kind and willing to help.
- UltiPro is very user friendly. When I used ADP Workforce now, I used to get lost on the site and couldn't find what I was looking for. UltiPro is very clearly laid out to make it easier on the user.
- Ultimate software offers a lot of free trainings which allow you to become more familiar with the system and how to best use its programs. This was huge for me when I first started at my company and had no prior experience with UltiPro.
- There are a few little quirks that I would love to see worked out of UltiPro. For example, the Business Intelligence piece really only works when you use it in Internet Explorer, this is less than ideal because we typically use Google Chrome for everything else.
- When either completing or approving a life event, the enrollment wizard may randomly minimize. It will give no warning, nor is there an explanation. This confuses employees all the time because it makes them think it closed completely and so then they go in and start a new one.
- It is also a tad annoying how we, human resources, cannot delete life events that are in progress. As a result of the issue aforementioned, we can have 6 life events in progress for one employee and have no way to delete those ones that are void.
Overall, I believe that UltiPro is the best system I have ever had the chance to interact with. It does a great job at serving multiple purposes with one system, in comparison to having one for recruitment, one for time management, an HRIS, and something for benefit enrollments. The report writers are extremely helpful as well. It was always daunting to create a report in ADP because it almost never turned out to be what you actually needed, between Business Intelligence and the Standard Reports in UltiPro, this is hardly ever an issue. This system is great for our large company (1000+ employees), if your company is on the smaller side, then something as inclusive as UltiPro may not be the most appropriate for you.
UKG Pro Feature Ratings
- Online training
The online trainings were very helpful in understanding how UltiPro is set up and how it functions well. They did a great job at breaking up the different uses into smaller trainings which then allow you to only sign up for the ones that may be applicable for your specific position within the company. Some of the starter trainings did seem a little basic, but even that was a nice reminder of the processes we take for granted. My only issue is that I wish more of the classes were self-guided. I often was ahead of the class and then would have to sit and wait. This is a big complaint simply because the classes are usually 4 hours long and I could save myself an hour probably by being able to work at my own pace.
There have been multiple instances where we do not know how to correct an issue and the UltiPro support staff help us. Not only do they respond quickly, but they teach you how to fix it should something come up in the moment. Most other software Customer service providers don't take the time to explain and teach you.