August 04, 2017
Score 8 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Unitrends Recovery Series Backup Appliance
We use Unitrends to backup our virtual servers as well as our physical servers. It is being used by primarily the IT department. We are also doing a little bit of DR for a couple of our critical servers. The backups are more reliable than our old backup system which was tape leveraging Symantec BackupExec.
- Unitrends product is very reliable.
- Unitrends does a good job of communicating backup success or failures.
- It allows me to have one solution for backing up both physical and virtual machines.
- The newer Unitrends GUI interface is not as good as the old.
- Cloud replication is not good unless you have a very fast internet connection
- AS400 backups are not all that great.
- On the plus side it has allowed me to recover files of shared drives that were inadvertently deleted.
- I sleep better at night as Unitrends is much more reliable than the backup to tape and disk using BackupExec I was using prior.
- It allowed me to also stop using Veeam to backup my virtual machines. Now it's all one solution.
Code 42, Amazon. We decided to use Untriends for ease of use, the dual ability to be on prem and cloud replication as well as their DR. The price was reasonable and the roll out was pretty easy. The best thing I can say is it just runs. I don't have to worry about it.
It is well suited for virtual and physical machines, it is very reliable and file level recovery is pretty quick and easy. The Unitrends support team is pretty good although sometimes you can't get them right away. It does not allow message level recovery for Exchange and it does not handle AS400 backups well.