<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring#question3' target='_blank' rel='nofollow'>Customer Verified: Read more.</a>
<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring' target='_blank' rel='nofollow'>trScore algorithm: Learn more.</a>Score 8.6 out of 101
Based on 180 reviews and ratings
Likelihood to Recommend
Articulate Storyline is well-suited for providing engaging, interactive training modules for any range of learning topics. It is not very well suited for exams, although they do advertise as having a robust exam feature. While the exam feature is indeed robust, it is also a heavy load for users' computers so a classic HTML-based testing software is very much preferred!
Litmos has been great for the perspective of being able to derive data on our technicians, the built-in reporting features work relatively well, but our ability to build reports and interact with the software from the outside has really been the key in learning more about our technician's ambition and knowledge base. Litmos has been very well suited for our company with the ability to easily set up user profiles and assign as few or as many courses and learning paths as needed. We are able to have pre-employment assessments to check where the user's knowledge level is in response to their perceived knowledge.
Feature Rating Comparison
Course catalog or library
Progress tracking & certifications
Learning reporting & analytics
- The use of the timeline and triggers within Storyline help to create, well time and interactive courses.
- Being able to use and program variables within the course allows you to keep track of what your learners are doing, as well as recall information or create branching scenarios.
- The Community.... The community behind Articulate is priceless! Want to do something and don't know how to do it? You can find various posts to assist you or even ask it as a question in the community to get an answer. Not to mention the support that Articulate itself provides is amazing.
- Flexible capabilities on all devices: Many Learning Management Systems only have browser-based software, which can be limiting or too open when referring to an LMS. Litmos has iOS and Android applications that allow us to keep the system within a controlled environment.
- Easily to integrate API: Without an API, Litmos would be pretty limited for our companies scope of work. The API allows us to build our own report with the data that is important to us instead of simply relying on the LMS's build in features to meet our needs.
- Unlimited Storage: Many programs limit users on the amount of storage they can use which can be a real hiccup when trying to utilize captivating video or high-resolution photos. Litmos offers unlimited storage so uploading large files isn't even a second thought.
- Support: Through the multiple support tickets that have been issued to Litmos by our company, they are always quick to respond and relatively helpful. Their development team might take a while to implement a change, but atleast your voice is being heard.
- Uservoice: Litmos utilizes a system that allows users and administrators to actively participate in deciding what features get added next. Users can submit ideas and others will be able to vote on them.
- Layers and triggers can be a bit tricky to get your head round at first but with practice you soon get the hang of it. As stated, it does take time and you may not get it right at first. It's a matter of trial and error.
- Figuring out how the eLearning modules produced on Storyline interact with the LMS can prove challenging from a a reporting perspective. Ensuring the right settings are in place is important but you need to know the right settings to start with.
- Overcoming software issues where learners have older software or have popup blockers enabled. This has proved problematic with users who are not confident with technology.
- Build in Assessments lacking options: The build in assessment editor leaves much to be desired (although it is on the list of items to improve upon). The options for question types are basic and lackluster.
- Development team solution time: Support tickets that deal with real issues affecting large groups of people are oftentimes addressed many months down the road. As with many large companies with software, it takes Litmos quite a while to get around fixing issues.
Likelihood to Renew
Based on 21 answers
We are moving away from the standalone eCourse model, so depending upon when that shift happens, we might choose not to renew since we won't be supporting eCourses built in Articulate Storyline anymore. As long as we are still selling and supporting those eCourses, we will continue to renew the licenses we have.
Based on 1 answer
For what we need in the very near future, Litmos does not offer us the required capability. Ideally, we are looking for an integrated LMS, coaching, mobile support and content creation platform. Litmos may have the LMS part covered but there are other platforms that do this better along with providing an integrated all-in-one service or at the very least support API integration with other vendors to meet our requirements.
Based on 15 answers
Overall the ease of use is one of its endearing qualities. You can open the program, start a new project and get going regardless of your expertise with it. If you have ever created a presentation of any kind you can get going with Storyline on day 1 the first time you open it
Based on 10 answers
Articulate depends on both staff and individual users to support their products through their "ELearning Heroes" website. The site provides for a useful means by which customers can rise to the level of expert in solving problems or "Hero". Because requests for help are posted in either a support or user forum, you can expect to get answers quickly to problems. Sometimes the staff may be busy and so answers may take some time.
Based on 3 answers
I love the fact that both a demonstration AND text version of the tutorials are available. Our firewall was blocking the demos until I requested my company allow them! Having the text version available still enabled me to learn from the tutorials. They are very well done and informative, and there is a tutorial for just about anything you need to learn to do with Storyline. I have always been more than satisfied with the support and training available to us for all Articulate products and I love the community!
Based on 9 answers
Outside of having to dedicate a powerful enough PC for the installation and having to update Flash in our browsers there really isn't much pain involved in using Articulate. For the most part this is an easy to implement and roll-out product. The installation occurs quickly and smoothly with no additional steps needed.
Articulate is more intuitive to use if you are more familiar with Microsoft products. Captivate may be easier to use if you're more familiar with Adobe products. I would still choose Articulate over Captivate due to its intuitiveness, simplicity to add triggers and variables, and even due to minor items such as not having to import buttons you would like to use.
Before deciding to use Litmos, we were using a platform called Lesson.ly. Lesson.ly was a good platform for a good price, but at the time they did not have the features that we required. We have also compared Litmos to another LMS called Bridge. While Bridge had a lot of very attractive features, Litmos ended up being the best fit for our organization for a few reasons. One of the main was the ability to have quiz/test questions that required an open-ended response. Open-ended questions allow us to evaluate employee's writing style, as well as get deeper into how they would respond to a complex situation when actually interacting with a customer.
Manager in SalesComputer Software Company, 201-500 employees
Based on 4 answers
It is easy to train new users and manage content. Being able to import older projects and PPT files makes it very easy to use for a lot of "moonlighters" in our department.
Return on Investment
- Increased employee efficiency
- Decreased turnaround time
- Increased operational capacity
- Improved professional reputation (through better crafted courses)
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?
Articulate Storyline Editions & Modules
Additional Pricing Details—
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?
Litmos Editions & Modules
Pro: 1,001 - 1M Active Users
Pro: 501-1000 Active Users
Pro: 150-500 Active Users
2. Price user/month
3. price user/month