Conversica and Outreach both provide businesses with marketing and lead generation tools to ensure that potential leads are captured instead of slipping through the cracks. Conversica is marketed as an AI virtual sales assistant, meaning that it provides businesses with a chatbot to capture data on website users and direct them to business users. Outreach is a sales engagement platform that helps businesses optimize their interactions with potential buyers by automating email campaigns and integrating with CRM platforms. Both tools are popular with mid-sized businesses.
Conversica and Outreach both provide some sales engagement features, such as email automation, but they both have some features that set them apart from each other.
Conversica offers some marketing features, but its primary focus is on its chatbot automation. Businesses can set up Conversica chatbots to answer simple questions for users or direct them to sales material. Outside of chatbot features, Conversica can automatically reach out to potential leads that don’t meet a business’s metrics for them to be reached out to by your sales team. In this way, businesses use Conversica to reach out to leads that are unlikely to convert in large numbers to ensure no buyers are missed.
Outreach is focused on automating sales processes such as automatic phone and email campaigns. Business can connect Outreach to CRM software to send personalized emails to specific users, while also providing analytics on the email campaign while it is ongoing. Outreach allows businesses to send out mass amounts of sales content quickly and without taking time out of the sales team’s day.
Though Conversica and Outreach both include robust sales automation features, they each have some limitations that are important to consider.
Conversica offers chatbot and email automation features, but outside of the chatbot, its sales automation features aren’t as robust as those offered by sales engagement platforms. Businesses can’t use Conversica for dialing campaigns, and though it can send automated emails, it doesn’t provide detailed analytics for mass email campaigns. Businesses looking for a software to handle email and calling campaigns may prefer other options to Conversica.
Outreach provides detailed analytics features for email and call marketing campaigns, but it doesn’t provide a chatbot out of the box. Businesses can take advantage of Outreach’s integrations with popular chatbot options, such as Drift, but it can’t manage chatbot features on its own.
Conversica and Outreach are both priced depending on what features are needed by the buyer. Businesses interested in either one can get a quote for whatever set of features they need.
Provided by the TrustRadius Research Team
Published on June 5, 2020
Likelihood to Recommend
- Great at helping marketing and sales surface leads that might be interested in your product.
- Great at working low level leads and see if there are opportunities within a large number of leads
- Great at providing a more personal touch, ie it looks like it is coming from an actual person vs. a marketing-driven, standardized email.
- Since you are allowing Conversica to do a lot of the manual work of emailing and working low level leads, it really helps free up work of your sales team which would otherwise cost more.
- Conversica does a good job of prospecting.
- We love that they have a follow up feature that allows us to hold our staff accountable for reaching out to those who are interested in timely manner.
- The dashboard in Conversica helps us to both navigate current conversations and leads easily, as well as view the progress of current and past conversations.
- Outreach integrates well with Domo, which allows us to put together comprehensive reports pulling data from both Salesforce and Outreach.
- Outreach does a great job of supporting you, by offering a responsive CSM and support team to troubleshoot issues.
- It doesn't take too much time to onboard new users in the basic functionality of the tool.
- There are some parts of email templates that are not customizable. This makes it difficult to change sentence structure.
- There are times when the AI assistant is reaching out to leads at the same time as one of our sales reps. Often this is because the salesperson didn't follow the proper process in turning the assistant off but it happens often enough that I wish the process was simplified.
- I would love a small pop-up window to show when emails are opened.
- It would be awesome to be able to grab open time slots from the calendar & incorporate them into a sequence for prospects to choose & auto update the calendar.
Likelihood to Renew
Return on Investment
- No lead gets left behind. Your agent doesn't get sick, take vacation or have any lapse in productivity.
- Employee efficiency. Our teams can now focus on the great leads rather than getting overwhelmed with hundreds of contacts to follow up with.
- Our organization has seen a great ROI from this tool due most in part of the visibility it gives our leaders to view the number of outputs (e.g. Calls, Emails, etc.).
- There is a fast ramping period with Outreach, so new users are able to get up and going right away and start utilizing it.
- Some onboarding videos from Outreach to walk a new user through the ins-and-outs of the tool if they haven't used them would be really nice because management in a high growth company isn't always available for little questions throughout a day.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?
Conversica Editions & Modules
- per installation