IP Geolocation Software
GeoSurf is browser toolbar that enables users to get the local perspective from more than 110 global locations. It is often used by online media professionals (buyers, campaign managers, sales, affiliates, and compliance teams) to view geo-targeted ads and web content. This way, they…
KickFire’sB2B solutions provide account-level information such as industry, revenue, employee count, and more based on an IP address. KickFire’s proprietary TWIN Caching® technology and robust firmographic database deliver business intelligence for first-party intent, content…
IP Geolocation service available as database, programming API and hosted solution.
Microsoft's Azure Maps allows developers to create location-aware web and mobile applications using simple and secure geospatial services, APIs, and SDKs in Azure, and deliver experiences based on geospatial data with built-in location intelligence.
About IP Geolocation APIWhoisXML API’s IP Geolocation API is a resource to link an IP address, domain name, or email to its geographical coordinates. For a given input, the API returns various location data points among which the country, city, time zone, postal code, latitude and…
The NeuStar IP Intelligence family of products offers IP geolocation services for compliance, online fraud protection and website content localization. Neustar's IP Intelligence data family includes IP GeoPoint and IP Reputation, together aimed at providing an authoritative source…
El Toro, headquartered in Louisville, offers IP Targeting and geolocation, supporting cookie-free advertising personalization. They offer Geoframing technology which does not use cell towers or require the opt-in that Geofencing does. Additionally, El Toro supports people and account-…
GBG now offers Loqate (acquired 2015) to replace the former GBG Matchcode360, an IP geolocation solution for enriching and validating customer data.
The Engage Live Sales Dashboard is an HTML5, browser-based interface that enables users to log into and initiate real-time sales with their web-based visitors, prospects, customers and partners. From this central location users can share their availability (online status), manage…
With IPinfo, users can pinpoint their users’ locations, customize their experiences, prevent fraud, and ensure compliance. They offer a range of IP data types, such as: IP geolocation,ASN,IP to company,Privacy detection (VPN, Tor, proxy, hosting),IP ranges,IP to domains,Other custom…
an IP Geolocation service that is free to use. Additionally, Brand Media Inc (the provider of iplocation.net, offers IP location and IP address tools to help the Internet community with security, privacy and online communications.
IPgeolocation.io headquartered in Lahore offers an IP API that provides geographical information about website visitors with any IPv4 or IPv6 address in JSON and XML format over a secure HTTPS connection, even in its free plan. The solution provides data such as country name, country…
Ipregistry is an IP Geolocation and threat data API that enables businesses to better understand their audiences. It serves a variety of use cases, such as locating visitors, enriching forms, targeting mobile users, log analysis, and detecting threats to prevent online fraud.
geoPlugin, the eponymous tool from the small company in the European Union, is presented as an easy way to geolocate visitors, allowing the user to provide geolocalised content more relevant to their geographical location. Simple examples are redirecting visitors to language-specific…
Digital Element is designed for marketers by delivering accurate IP to location data, with the ultimate goal of improving personalizing the online experience for consumers with geographically relevant content.
What is IP Geolocation Software?
IP Geolocation software uses the IP address of a device connected to the internet to determine its location, identifying the country, region, city, or zip code. IP geolocation providers include latitude, longitude, local time zone, currency, language, calling code, sunrise, and sunset data. When the IP address is associated with a business it provides company information. IP address geolocation data does not reveal a user’s personally identifiable information.
An IP address is a unique identifier assigned to mobile phones, tablets, computers, and IoT devices that facilitates communications over a network. To successfully share a device’s location, the IP address of the device must be present in an IP database that contains its corresponding location. IP databases collect this information from regional internet registries (RIRs), internet service providers (ISPs), city code interpretations, domain data, and browser geolocation.
IP Geolocation Software Use Cases
- Delivering content personalization for websites and mobile apps
- Content localization
- Ad targeting
- Enriching forms by preloading them with location-dependent data
- GDPR compliance (General Data Protection Regulations)
- Geofencing, blocking content from designated countries and regions
- Identifying security threats (IP addresses with suspicious history)
- Blocking fraudulent transactions (assessing the trustworthiness of IP)
- Traffic analysis
- Access compliance for digital media licensing
- Digital rights management
Common users of IP geolocation software include eCommerce businesses, ad networks, marketers, publishers, retailers, and financial companies.
Challenges in using IP geolocation data include invalid registry data, and the use of VPNs to hide real IP addresses.
IP Geolocation Software Features
- Provides the physical location of an IP address
- Offers supplemental information such as local time zone, currency, and language
- Identifies IP address’s network / ISP provider
- Supports location testing simulations
- Scalable bulk IP address support
- Supports Ipv4 and IPV6 addresses
- Web APIs
- Compatible with web-browser, desktop, and mobile applications and devices
IP Geolocation Software Comparison
Consider the following when purchasing IP geolocation software:
- IP Web API Services vs IP Geolocation Databases: Self-hosting an IP geolocation database is an option, however, the database must be maintained and made available to every application that will be using it. Using a Web API provider for IP geolocation data readily makes the information available to all your applications, is up to date, and eliminates the need for any maintenance.
- Paid vs. Free Services: Reasons to consider paid services include they are more accurate, are faster and can handle higher volumes, have better uptime metrics, and provide customer support. However, free IP geolocation services may be suitable for small businesses or one-off use cases.
IP geolocation software pricing is driven by the number of inquiries and the amount of information requested for each address. For example, you will spend less if you only require country-level geolocation data. Monthly pricing can range from $99 for 200k monthly requests to $600 for 10 million monthly requests. Overages can run from 4 cents to 60 cents per 1,000 requests, depending upon your plan.
Vendors will provide custom quotes based on your needs. Free trials are often available for 30 days with up to 10,000 requests. Free versions are available, but they usually have a request cap or limit the number of requests per minute.
Frequently Asked Questions
Some of the benefits associated with using IP geolocation software are:
- Localized Content (Personalization) – localized content generates a much higher conversion rate for eCommerce businesses and creates a more satisfying user experience.
- More effective ad targeting.
- Cybersecurity – mitigates fraud by identifying suspicious IP addresses associated with unauthorized access requests, credit card purchases, and spam.