- Invoice creation/upload is simple for users needing immediate/quick entry/creation.
- Invoice assignment from one entity to another is quick and easy for administrators. Users can do so easily if it is a switch within their own portfolio to which they have access.
- Payment options offered to vendors are numerous. It is nice we can provide them with options.
- AvidXchange is too aggressive after payments are sent to vendors in their approach to getting the vendors to sign up for a virtual credit card payment. Some of our vendors have complained at how frequently or diligently they were were pursued by AvidXchange.
- When an invoice approver is to become unavailable temporarily due to vacation, illness, etc., they should be able to auto-assign a covering party for a determined length of time or through a particular date like our previous system did. There is no good way for this to be handled by AvidXchange.
- Great organizational tool.
- Able to pay invoices right from the site.
- Has a wide variety of reports that can be utilized.
- Setting up users and new entities.
- A training on reports and which are the best to use.
- Automation: Every part of Avid's process is automated through the use of workflows established by the AvidXchange administrator. This allows all vested entities to review and approve the payment of an invoice in a timely manner.
- Transparency: As an invoice goes through the review and approval process, every step is documented and available for review. This ensures all parties are appropriately vested in ensuring the timely approval of invoices for payment
- Accuracy: Automating the AP process has helped to minimize the risk for errors that occur through manual invoice entry and approval.
- AvidPay needs some improvement to minimize the amount of time it takes to issue payment for invoices
- The search features within AvidXchange on the advanced search screen sometimes do not function correctly (sorting by ascending / descending order doesn't work all of the time).
- The log enhancement follow-up procedure could use some work.
- AvidXchange tracks the history of an invoice with their History Tab and allows for management to review how the invoice was processed through approval.
- Workflows within AvidXchange allows for invoices to be routed easily for approval.
- Utilizing AvidPay frees up our AP Department from spending all Friday afternoon folding, stuffing and stamping the payments to be mailed out each week.
- AvidXchange does not have a mobile app or full functionality on mobile phones or iPads. This would be a great tool for the customers.
- AvidXchange at times is too quick to want to refund payments not taken by a vendor versus doing detailed research as to why they won't accept a payment from their customer.
- I feel the reporting tab should be allowed to be given to users by report or sections of reports. Currently it is all or nothing.
- The best feature for me is the history tab. I know how long it has been in the system and who has touched or viewed it. If there is a query from a vendor on a specific invoice the history tab can answer that question. If it is in dispute or if there is a wrong amount you can answer the vendor question without having to hunt down the others involved.
- If there is an urgent invoice I can scan and push it through avid invoice without waiting for it to be processed by AvidXchange.
- It communicates well with other systems. If I make a correction to or add a vendor to my MRI system the avidsync will pick that up and update AvidXchange as well and vice versa. I only have to worry about entering the information once into one system.
- I really wish there was a way for AvidXchange indexers to "get to know" the companies they index for. The indexing policies are such that it leaves little room for common sense and I do a fair share of correcting workflows and such.
- It's amazing. You can be an owner of multiple companies and have all the invoices paid from one solution, and it's all online and at your fingertips.
- Set up each company with their own bank account code the expense, review the invoice and send it for approval.
- Transparency. The approval process it set up at all levels. So you can have a first coded - then the department or manager that oversaw the work approve - then the final release of payment the accounting looking at the bank balance. You can set up at a certain dollar amount to receive a second or third approval if your company has partners or Board members.
- I have nine (9) different locations and global vendors in our set up. If I did not have AvidXchange, a day of check cutting [is what] I would need for each location and that is what I would do all week long. This is a click of the button, an approval process, a complete assembly line that works perfect and a massive time saver so I spend one hour a day on this.
- Credit Memos needs to be a better function. Currently this function does not work properly and pulls over into our accounting software Intacct.
I’ve been using AvidXchange for over ten years and couldn’t imagine doing my job without it.
As a property manager with 32 sites, digitizing the accounts payable process is a necessity. Processing approximately 1600 invoices every 90 days, record keeping can be harrowing. Gone are the days of being handed folders of invoices to approve against a stapled stack of G/L account codes. All I have to do is login from any computer and AvidXchange provides a seamless system for tracking and approving our property invoices.
The software integrates with our MRI accounting system, allowing for easy upload. We can assign workflow approval levels to differentiate between general OPEX and Capital Expenditures. As such, invoices that require owner/client approval can be streamlined with added comments. Most importantly, for construction or large tenant improvements, we can attach pertinent contract information to the invoice.
- Our contractors and vendors can submit invoices electronically through AvidBill, removing the tedious task of sorting and coding mail. This feature saves on time and administrative duties.
- Communication is key, and being able to log a comment or question in AvidInvoice allows for clarification and expedited approval process.
- Having multiple properties, having the Property Code and % Allocation features allow us to ensure the correct entity is charged it's portion of expenses. For example, we may have a service that is coded to all 32 properties. With AvidInvoice we are able to allocate each entity's pro rata share of the invoice.
- Searching for invoices: Because of the number of properties we have, AvidBill automatically codes an invoice internally to one property, but we may find upon review that it is really for a different property. When we search for an invoice, it won't show as the corrected Property ID, rather the first one entered.
- Vendor Names: I know this is a matter of human data entry, but oftentimes there are multiple vendors with the same name entered. The system may not grab the one that is intended for our company.
- You can pull reports by specific general ledger codes. This comes in handy at year end when you are trying to make sure that you have all invoices in for the year.
- Everything is electronic. You do not have to worry about digging through paper files if you have a tenant that decides to audit you.
- It takes no time to approve invoices. You have all of them in your queue. You are able to see what is waiting to be approved and go right down the line.
- When you run an invoice report of what has been approved for the week, I would like to see the date printed at the top of the cover sheet.
- AvidXchange invoicing system does flag duplicates if invoice information entered correctly by their Indexers.
- Their manual payments via check in my opinion seem to work better as vendors do not complain about payments as much.
- AvidPay Team is very supportive in helping out with vendor issues when payments have been made.
- Avid Support does need improvement, in replying to tickets in a much faster and timely manner. Usually my experience is a turn around of 24 to 48 hours when I need an answer a bit faster to get to our property management team or vendor.
- Avid virtual credit card can be also improved by letting vendors know fees associated with receiving payments in this manner. Seems most vendors are confused with VCC type payments.
AvidXchange Scorecard Summary
AvidXchange Technical Details