Spiceworks offers a set of free tools for IT network management and help desk support ticketing. The inventory management system essentially provides comprehensive device information for asset management. The Spiceworks Network Monitor provides information on observed IT for problem tracking and server performance monitoring. And finally, the Spiceworks Help Desk Software lets IT personnel stay on top of issues across the network with a ticketing system. Help desk roles with role-based permissions and notifications allow tasks to be allocated across team members. If the user wishes to host Spiceworks apps and tools locally, then they are free. For cloud-based service, Spiceworks bills $12 per IT user per month, or $10 monthly per user if paid annually. Spiceworks was founded in 2006 and is headquartered in Austin, Texas, also with a European headquarters in London (since 2012), and is generously backed by multiple investors, most notably Goldman Sachs.https://media.trustradius.com/product-logos/0l/fc/34XZ7H18O1T7.PNGSpiceworks makes submitting and managing IT support requests a breeze!We use Spiceworks to manage all IT support requests for our team. Since we recently expanded our team and users are across the entire United States, we needed a better solution to manage these requests. Previously users would text, email, AND call for assistance which did not allow for easy tracking of requests for the IT team.,Very easy to use and enter a support request Email functionality allows quick updates to users of status/updates to support requests Allows IT team to triage and assign out tickets very quickly,As a user, I would like to have a login where I can track my specific requests in one place We currently have a link that we access to enter our requests-it would be cool if we could initiate via email plugin,10,Much faster resolution of support requests Ability to easily track and monitor support requests from team members Better triage and assignment of support tickets within IT team,JIRA Software and Desk.com,MS SharePoint, Acumatica, Skype for Business (formerly Lync),,5,Quick resolution of technical issues with hardware Problems using software Easy solves-problems logging in or accessing programs,10Spiceworks Help Desk -- a basic ticketing systemWe use Spiceworks (on premises, not the cloud version) as a ticketing system across our entire organization. One of our locations is also using Spiceworks Inventory to keep track of workstations, printers, and other devices. We have more than 10+ IT support techs, 1000+ users submitting tickets, and 10000+ supported devices (1 for 1 school district). Users submit tickets via email. IT support mostly uses the web interface; the mobile app is used less often. Management tracks time spent on tickets via reports. Nothing groundbreaking --a normal ticketing system in a mid-size organization.,Price: it is free. Ease of installation: all components (web server, database) are included in a single package. The entire ticketing system can be configured in 5 minutes. Email integration: we can submit tickets, add time, comments, and close over the email.,Performance issues. With tens of thousands of tickets and thousands of devices in the Spiceworks database, reports can be very sluggish. Throwing more hardware resources does not help. Customization is limited. We use a custom script to control our ticket assignment, as rules inside Spiceworks are not adequate. Spiceworks implementation of Apache does not work well with configuration changes. The database server used is SQLite, which is quite limited -- working with the database directly is not advisable. Support and documentation are what can be expected from the ad-supported product. Most of the time forums are the best place to find answers.,8,Spiceworks saves a significant amount of money for the organization of our size. I do not know the exact numbers quoted for alternative ticketing systems, but the amounts were significant. Spiceworks does its job -- tickets are tracked, time spent by IT support is recorded, inventory is useful. Troubleshooting and configuration is a long and arduous process due to the weak support and lack of configuration options. Many man-hours were spent on fixing issues with the ticketing system itself.,Zendesk and osTicket,Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager, PRTG Network Monitor, Darktrace,,Keeping track of end-user issues. Tracking time spent on issue resolution by Level I support technicians. Asset Inventory.,4SpicetabulousWithin our organization, Spiceworks is being implemented as a ticketing and inventory solution for the helpdesk team. It has been instrumental in providing my team with the tools required to quantify our achievements, simplify our job, and give us a level of transparency that our branch managers appreciate. The ability to generate monthly and quarterly reports and show our productivity levels is definitely a tremendous asset, in addition to having the ability to quantify our daily/weekly workload.,Allows my team to quantify their daily workload and predict heightened workload based on trends. Allows me to provide my employer with solid tangible data when it comes to proposals, or requests for additional budget/head count. Provides a simpler means to inventory our hardware.,Better ticketing views. I would like to see nested ticket attributes and categories. SpiceWorks as a non web-based app would be nice to have. More bandwidth, network, and hardware monitoring features would be a big plus.,10,Faster helpdesk turn-around. More efficient inventory management. Transparency.,,5,2,cost functionality ease of use,report function predicting demand trends,network diagnostic hardware diagnostic,10,No,10,No,Originally when I had questions when selecting a ticketing system. Spiceworks was shown as a great tool in both function, and implementation.,10Spice Up Your IT Department with Spiceworks.We use Spiceworks in a variety of ways: helpdesk ticketing and tracking, inventory tracking and management, as well as a trouble shooting tool and to submit purchase requests.,Helpdesk ticketing. Spiceworks does this very well - plenty on modules and plug ins to support just about anything you want to do. You can also write your own! Inventory management is another thing thing Spiceworks does pretty well. Right down to what software and software keys are on each machine. It's not the end all be all but it does a good job and it's free. The community! Wow the community is amazing. Supportive quick and quick to respond with valid answers. I rarely wait more than an hour before someone has responded with something valid.,The network map isn't the greatest. You need to spend some time to lay it out correctly. It also seems to be wiped out with each new update. Can be sluggish when using IE.,9,Spiceworks software doesn't "cost" anything. That doesn't mean it's free. There is the cost of time to learn the software, which isn't very long or difficult. The helpdesk system in Spiceworks has greatly increased our IT team's productivity and accountability. The inventory tracking is a nice tool to see what software you have out there.,BMC Track-It,2005,5,help desk network scanning inventory,10,Implemented in-house,Change management was minimal,9,8,Most of it. The install is 1 click done.,the network map isn't the greatest.,Yes,9,10SPICEWORKS is Great for Hardware Asset ManagementSpiceworks is a great tool to use for everyday network management. It can scan network for devices and gives great detail on hardware/software. I use this tool daily to check for any unwanted software users may have installed or to check the health of a machine in question. I would recommend Spiceworks to anyone who doesn't already have this in place. It is very easy to set up and very easy to manage.,New hardware added to the network it alerts me New software added to any machine it alerts me Any printer issues or even if a printer needs toner it will alert me,When scanning a network for new machines it rescans each device. I wish it would know to skip and move to next item and only scan new items.,10,I use it daily and believe it cuts out so much overhead of keeping paper trails of hardware assets,,2,10,10Spiceworks Helpdesk & Inventory ReviewSpiceworks is being used by the LCCA IT Department. It was determined that we needed an easy to use, fast and ultimately free help desk product that didn't take a lot of install time or agency resources to deploy. Since the usage of a help desk system allows users to regulate their level of interest in participating with IT on receiving technical support, it also allows them the ability to update and learn from the information the Technical Support staff supply them to resolve their issue. This ultimately makes it easier for the technical staff because the end user can reference the ticket if it occurs again. It also helps the end user by saving them time to search for a technician. Without the Spiceworks support portal, I would have people come into my office all the time for support or to ask simple questions about none critical issues. Not only is this time consuming for the end user, it interrupts the technicians if they are working on other projects or managing network resources at the time. Since we are a 911 Dispatch Center, the dispatchers don't have the time to leave their stations, so once again the help desk system helps a lot because they can visit the portal, leave a ticket and I can evaluate the severity of the request based on others in the queue, well worth the price of free. I also want to mention the support forums and the in-house support that Spiceworks has. If you are having issues with Spiceworks, the install, updating or even having issues finding a resolution for a support ticket that was submitted, someone else has probably already encountered it and asked on the forums. The support forums are built into the ticketing system so it's easy for the administrator and the end user to research issues if they desire or require it. The in-house support is also great, they are there and answer very fast, they also participate in the forums a lot.,Easy installation. You can pick any server that is on your network and Spiceworks will install and configure itself without much input from the admin. Support Forums. There is nothing better than having access to experienced users of the systems along with the developers of the software that you are using and Spiceworks provides just that. Company support. If you can't find the issue on the forums, the Spiceworks team is ready, fast and affective in resolving issues with their software, giving you ideas on how to improve the system and customize it to your needs. Last thing I have found using the system is that along with Desktop Support the Spiceworks package also helps you get a handle on your entire networks needs, inventory and asset management. It's all included in the package and perfect for year end asset management.,One of the issues I found with the Spiceworks software is the network management. A lot of the time it is discovering items that you have no interest in managing remotely and yet it keeps finding stuff and bringing it to your attention. Too much of a good thing? Some would say that because of the nature of the product, being free, the marketing and the software might be considered feature rich, too rich, I think the best thing they could do would be to make it easy to remove features you don't want to use a little easier.,7,Increased response times. The best thing about the help desk portion of the Spiceworks package is that it has enabled us to respond to support calls faster and with more information in hand. The other great feature about it is the amount of information that is included before we even start to work on an issue. Having a help desk portal allow the user to describe their problem is greater detail than they normally would verbally. That is a great boon. instead of "My IE doesn't work" you get " I was installing an update and then my IE stopped working and that was all I did".,Trackit,Telelogic SYNERGY,7,Implemented in-houseSpiceworks - A Simple ReviewSpiceworks is currently being used by our entire organization. We are using it for hardware and software inventory purposes, as well as using it for logging of our trouble tickets through the Help Desk. Our IT department also uses it to log the IT related purchases we are making, and who the purchases were made for.,Spiceworks does an excellent job of keeping track of our tickets, and provides a great search tool to help you search through your old tickets for existing solutions to problems. Spiceworks is very customizable in the type of fields that can be filled out for both tickets and purchases,Provide better way of deleting multiple tickets from the HelpDesk menu,9,Enables our department to provide faster feedback Enables IT to be more efficient in providing a solution to each user's problem,TeamViewer,10,Implemented in-houseWhy Spiceworks works: Your personal help desk minionSpiceworks is currently being used company-wide in many ways. For us, it's our means of inventory and monitoring. For our users, we use the help-desk ticketing system to track problems and respond in a timely fashion. It allows us to document and keep a history of issues, which is invaluable in IT.,Free, aka not a penny! Easy to update and maintain Customizable reports Email notifications,Deletion of tickets could be easier Customizing GUI Ability to manually add inventory items,9,Better customer service through the ticketing system. Quickly identify inventory due for upgrades. Help desk efficiency has gone up near double, shown by reports.,None used,4,2,9Simple to understand with countless options!As Medical Management Company we support multiple hospitals and assisted living facilities. We use Spiceworks to track inventory, security settings, ink and toner, as well as track and log tickets. Spiceworks helps us stay organized and gives us the ability to handle multiple issues at once.,Gives our company the ability to track the progress on all outstanding and resolved issues. We are able to monitor any unwanted programs on all computers. Allows our company to communicate with other IT professionals on software or hardware.,A way to categorize submitted tickets with the ability to search closed issues.,10,Better customer service Efficient Organization Ability to track licensing,,4,10It's okay for SMB but not greatSpiceworks was used as a ticketing/helpdesk and networking inventory software. We used it for our only location for the network portion but the remote users, in addition to local users, used the ticketing portion. This helped us track issues that were arising, see and also anticipate potential problems and assisted when urging those with the credit cards to make, what we knew to be, very much needed purchasing decisions.,It's free. No other ticketing system, that I know of, can say that (at least any good ones). It integrates nicely, as a whole, with the ticketing in trying to find an answer to the ticket by including links to possible solutions from TechNet, the Community and the manufacturer's website. The inventory portion isn't bad. It often has a good deal of scan errors but, once remedied, it does a nice job giving you lots of relevant info.,The ticketing system is basic but lacks many features of bigger players. Spiceworks was designed for the SMB that didn't/doesn't have the money for a large $$ ticketing system. I currently use AutoTask at my current employer and it is far superior in it's tracking with tickets and the like. Spiceworks could stand to open up their code a bit more. I often hear of people who have specific needs that wouldn't be difficult to integrate/allow but that aren't done. The interface needs a bit of an overhaul. They keep adding features to the product that, while they are good, they need to be addressing previous concerns first. It often feels like, with the product, they're trying to be flashy and show off what it can do now vs address the issues of long-time users/attempted users. No projects! Users have been requesting multi-tiered tickets for awhile now or a projects-like ability. Having a task list under a ticket would be awesome as well. I've been using Spiceworks over 2 years and it's been requested since before I started and still hasn't been implemented.,8,Allows for tracking of issues/work where having no ticketing system makes it difficult. When used properly, a good ticketing system does improve efficiency, in addition to accountability. When you are required to document in a ticket what you've done, otherwise it wasn't done, it makes employees work better. Reporting with it is decent. If you are an MSP and tracking billable time, this is an okay way of doing it.,AutoTask,6,10SpiceWorks Keeps My Work Spicy!We use Spiceworks in our IT Department and in our Maintenance Department. Users email work to separate email addresses which then are deposited in a ticket inside of Spiceworks. End users can also jump on our Intranet site and submit a ticket through the Spiceworks Portal. It's helped both of these departments to stay on top of work and helps end users feel like their work is in the schedule.,The price for sure, who doesn't like free? Great community of users who are constantly improving the product. Once you get used to the customization in Spiceworks, it's really easy to make the program do what you want it to do.,Searching could be improved, where there are a lot of work orders in the system, it can be hard to distinguish between open and closed items. The ability to prompt for "Are you sure you want to change screens without saving first?" Sometimes I do a lot of documenting in a Work Order then have to look at something else, and I lost everything I've written. The beauty of Spiceworks though, is that someone might fix this soon.,10,Better customer service is a great benefit. The ability for users to go back in the portal and review previous issues makes it really handy. Departmental staff are much more efficient with prioritizing their day when they know what needs to be done and can view it quickly in Spiceworks.,BMC Track-It,HelpDesk Authority,10,Implemented in-houseSpiceworks = Hot StuffI am currently using it as a backup to our Dell KACE appliance. Since it's agentless scans can collect more data than KACE's, it is a great way to monitor and collect information about systems that we do not want to install an agent on, such as servers. Plus, due to it's low system requirements and the fact that I'm the only one using it right now, I have it running on a spare laptop on my desk.,Agentless scanning provides complete system details, including things like license keys for Microsoft software and toner levels on printers. A full-featured help desk system, rivaling some the best paid solutions. The ability to manage Active Directory users. A purchase tracking system. See where all your money is going and who the big spenders are.,Windows only install. A nitpick point, I know, but it would be nice to be able to install it on a Linux box. While an agent is provided (say, for your laptop users who are not always in the office), there is no built in option to deploy it across the network. It must be downloaded and installed manually. No Mac version of the agent, making it difficult to manage MacBook users. A Dell KACE feature, the ability to run scripts and installs directly from the Spiceworks appliance.,10,Since it's a free product, the ROI over any paid product is astronomical.,Dell KACE 1000,10,1,1Spiceworks has done more for my IT department than any two or three other software packages combined, and all for free.We use Spiceworks within the company as an asset management/discovery tool for all of our networking and computing equipment. It's the primary inventory for our desktop and mobile PCs and tablets and software licenses. It automatically discovers and inventories anything attached to your network, and you can also add in other devices to the database as well. It has a very robust help desk built in, and it has tools to put its users directly in touch with vendors and re-sellers for quotes on hardware, software, and services. The community forums are an invaluable resource because it puts IT professionals in touch with each other to share advice, support, software and hardware reviews, and user generated scripts and plugins, etc. The software itself is invaluable, and the community is second to none when it comes to getting real answers from real IT professionals. With Spiceworks, I can solve computer problems from start to finish. For example, a user submits a ticket to Spiceworks Help Desk, then I use Spiceworks Inventory to compare his computer to similar machines and to see what software is installed that could be causing problems, I can go to the Spiceworks Community forums to get advice on how to solve the problem or to read product reviews, and then I can even get quotes from vendors for the replacement parts or new software, all without having to leave Spiceworks.,Help desk software is easy to set up and manage and has a user portal with room for a FAQ or self-support as well as a robust ticketing system. Network inventory discovery in Spiceworks is better than many expensive solutions that I've used, and it's completely free. I get quick answers to complicated questions in the community forums. Many IT Superheroes are more than happy to help you out with technical problems or offer up advice. With Spiceworks, I can solve computer problems from start to finish. For example, a user submits a ticket to Spiceworks Help Desk, then I use Spiceworks Inventory to compare his computer to similar machines and to see what software is installed that could be causing problems, I can go to the Spiceworks Community forums to get advice on how to solve the problem or to read product reviews, and then I can even get quotes from vendors for the replacement parts or new software, all without having to leave Spiceworks.,There has been talk of adding a Wiki feature to SpiceWorks, which I think would be a great addition. Only runs on Windows. It will automatically discover and inventory any OS, but the software itself must be hosted on Windows.,10,FREE, so the only investment was the time it takes to install and configure, which can be done in an afternoon. Spiceworks Help Desk has greatly reduced the time it takes to address and solve users' problems, and to keep a record of all help desk activities. Network/PC/Hardware/Software Inventory used to be very time consuming and was often inaccurate. Spiceworks does inventory for you, so it's always accurate and up-to-date. Spiceworks will notify me when one of my network resources stops responding to pings, which allows me to quickly address problems before they can have a negative impact on our business.,Sysaid,Mediawiki,Liferay,nmap,10,2,2,Help Desk Inventory Management Knowledge Base Community support forums Offline device notifcation,In addition to hardware and software inventory, I've used Spiceworks to keep track of contact information for vendors, service providers, utility contractors, etc. The community has grown at an unexpected rate, and keeps getting better every day.,More reliance on the help desk for ticketing. Right now users initiate support through telephone, email, walk-in, etc. so many times a support ticket is never created. If our company keeps growing, we'll be relying much more heavily on the help desk than we are now. Help desk portal can be a great tool for self-support and FAQ before users submit a ticket, but we haven't done much to implement that yet.,Implemented in-house,No,After inventory scans, network devices sometimes show up incorrectly or not at all if they're not configured properly.,10,Inventory is very easy, and there are great articles about configuring your devices to make sure Spiceworks can accurately scan them. The community is one of the most helpful and professional support forums that I've ever been a part of. Many major IT companies are involved in the community, so you can often speak directly to a representative of the company whose product or service you're having trouble with or researching. Help desk is much better than the previous (paid) help desk software that we had been using before Spiceworks.,The only difficulties I've experienced with Spiceworks is related to automatic scans of network devices. Some devices don't show up properly in the inventory. This is usually something that can be fixed by changing settings on that device.,Yes, but I don't use it,10,Yes,Each upgrade has many bug fixes and improvements.,More integration with out systems on our network. I'd like to see a Wiki implemented, I've heard that this feature may be on the way.,No,NoSpiceworks truly is "Everything IT!"Spiceworks is an integral part of my daily IT toolbox and we utilize it throughout our organization for IT Support, Help Desk, Inventory Management, User Management, License Tracking, Software Tracking, Warranty Statuses, Network Monitoring, Server Monitoring, and even more! I cannot say enough positive things about this software and all of its features, not to mention the organization itself, and the entire IT community that supports, uses, and interacts with one another on a daily basis. The hardest thing to believe about Spiceworks is the fact that it is 100% FREE while still being robust, constantly updated, and phenomenally supported!,Help Desk interface and management, hands down, is a fantastic feature of Spiceworks. The user portal enables my users to empower themselves while also allowing our IT department to provide a better level of service to the user base. Ticket management and Problem resolution are much better organized and allow any IT department to optimize their support processes. The inventory abilities of Spiceworks are a great ability that allows an IT department to track assets, get extended and detailed information of many, many devices, and the advanced scanning options allow for an administrator to fine-tune the scans to be unobtrusive, selective, and thorough. Warranty and License management within Spiceworks allows for proper and accurate tracking of these critical subjects which allows an organization to stay within compliance of software regulations, keep track of hardware age, warranty expiration, and so much more! One of the greatest features of the Spiceworks package has to be the IT user community that supports it! I have found SO much in terms of support, tweaks, add-ons, and an answer to almost ANY technical question you could possibly have, regarding Spiceworks or any other hardware/software!!,I've come across a few things about Spiceworks that could use refinement, one of which being the network scanning/inventory feature. I've come to notice that handling stale/expired inventory is a bit of a hassle within the database, however there are independent user tweaks and tips that allow an competent IT pro to work around and cleanup inventory. I would REALLY like the ability to fully customize the Help Desk Portal within Spiceworks itself without the need of directly modifying the page code or using a third-party module. the base Portal design is great, however it is not nearly as customize-able as it could/should be. I've noticed that the Spiceworks installation on a server sometimes has a hard time restarting, will hang upon service restart, or will sometimes just "die" (for lack of a better term) however a simple reboot of the server usually resolves the issue. I do not have a dedicated Spiceworks server, so that *could* be the issue. In the real-world most IT departments wouldn't necessarily be dedicating a server just to Spiceworks, however with Virtualization being what it is now, if you have the spare resources, it could be a good idea to dedicate a VM to the install.,10,ROI is, of course, AMAZING since this is a FREE product!! It is a dream when presenting it to management, and quite the easy sell! Efficiency is the name of the game for this software and it provides IT departments and a user base the advanced ability to manage many off the daily needs and aspects of technology within an organization! My IT department and overall company has benefited greatly from this software and it shows in our productivity, user satisfaction, and issue resolution times.,Manage Engine,Zendesk,Feng Office,10Spiceworks - IT Everything at a glance.Our company uses Spiceworks to manage computers and in a help desk function. Spiceworks is currently being maintained and used by our technicians. Additionally, we use it to allow users to submit computer and technology issues. Their alert system is awesome and their ticketing system addresses our need for for issue tracking and management.,Spiceworks has an excellent built in monitoring and operations dashboard that is being updated often to add more features. Spicework's help desk panel is awesome. Many features are just a click away when you need them. Spicework's ticketing system is the best free system we've ever used.,There could be more scanning features for network traffic. Spiceworks has an awesome community. I'd love to see news articles and forum conversations related to my equipment. Spiceworks could use more options for the help desk GUI.,10,Spiceworks has boosted our trouble tracking dramatically. We no longer operate out of an email box for technology issues. It's a huge improvement. Spiceworks allows us monitor some systems for down time and space issues. The alerts are awesome in the crazy day-to-day work environment. Our users are happy with our ticketing system. It's important that we have a quick and easy way to report problems and Spiceworks is the perfect solution for this.,,10Spiceworks for the win!We are currently using it company wide as a help desk ticketing system to help with logging of issues and to make sure users get the support they need in a timely fashion. Spiceworks addresses the issue if some of our support team is out or busy with something else they can log a ticket and we will see it right away and asses how urgent the issue is.,Spiceworks has a great community of like minded folks, that always try to help each other out and are there to answer questions when needed. Spiceworks provides a very simple but effective ticketing system for our IT department to keep track of all support issues. Spiceworks provides an inventory system that indexes all systems as well as devices that most would not worry about until something went wrong.,Spiceworks does a lot of things well, but something I would like to see is a wiki type solution that is secured from the rest of the community to use for internal documentation.,10,Better customer service Better view of all IT devices Manageability of all equipment from one place.,,10Supremely useful AND it's free? Yes, please!Spiceworks is currently used by the IT department to track help desk tickets and manage PC/server/printer inventory. Users submit trouble tickets via email which generates a ticket within Spiceworks and notifies all IT staff. This process helps prioritize IT tasks based on existing issues and IT staff availability, track trending issues, as well as improve user satisfaction. The scanning/inventory function allows IT staff to view information about a user's PC (software installed, serial number, IP address, etc.) without being physically present. The built-in remote control (RDP) feature is especially helpful.,The inventory scanning feature has been extremely useful. Because our PC naming convention is based on the serial number, figuring out who a particular PC belongs to can be a challenge. However, the inventory within Spiceworks automatically detects the PC and documents a ton of useful information - serial number, PC name, last logged in user, software installed, hardware configuration and IP address. The help desk function is our most frequently used area of Spiceworks. Users can simply send a message to a specific email address and Spiceworks automatically generates a ticket. Each IT staff member is notified and based on who is available or has particular expertise in the user's issue, they can assign the ticket to themselves or admins can assign the ticket to a particular technician. Each ticket includes areas to track time spent on the issue, purchases made (including item, vendor, price), make notes that are visible only by IT staff for documentation purposes, and respond directly to the user. Ticket information is searchable which is especially helpful when researching a problem that has come up in the past. We don't use the reporting feature very frequently, but when we do we are always pleased. The canned reports cover a lot of common needs, but if you need a custom report, it is easy to create your own from scratch.,The help desk does not allow you to add time spent to tickets after they've been closed. The Spiceworks app does, however. The Tickets Anywhere hashtag (#) commands either work very slowly or only sometimes. The inventory view will randomly switch between icon and browse views instead of keeping the last setting.,10,By implementing the direct ticket submission via email, we have seen a significant increase in user compliance with the help desk process. Instead of users emailing or calling an IT tech directly (who may or may not be in the office or know how to solve their problem), the ticket system streamlines the support process and significant reduces the amount of time it takes to address a user's issue. It also helps reduce the potential of an issue getting lost or forgotten about. Utilization of the information stored in the inventory area, we can save a lot of time by not having to visit the user's computer personally or ask the user directly about software installed, amount of RAM, model of PC, etc.,10,Help Desk Inventory Knowledge BaseSpiceworks, Where IT goes to workThe IT department uses Spiceworks as our ticketing software for internal support. We were looking for somthing to replace the very bulky ticketing software we had been using.,But it's created and supported as if it was a very expensive program. Web-based. Got a browser? You can get your tickets. MUCH. INFORMATION. If you know a little SQL, you can get it to tell you just about anything about your network. Community. Adjacent to the program is a flourishing community of, I think at this point, over 5 million users. Reviews, how-tos, vendors, anything you could need in a forum, plus a plate of bacon. Access to devs. Not only is their support great, but through the community, you can get some access to the developers. I'm currently bugging them over some feature requests. :),Plug-ins. There are a few features, like nesting sub categories when creating a ticket that you would expect to be standard, but are only supported by plugins. It's not fun when you depend on a feature you get from a plugin, and the creator stops working on it. SQLite isn't my favorite thing in the world, but it's what I have to fight to write custom reports.,10,It takes a lot less time to open tickets,Track-it and Service Center,10,Implemented in-house,No,Change management was minimal,Learning how to get a third-party plugin to play right.,10,10,Yes,Every time I have contacted support (which has not been often), I have gotten wonderful support. Quick response times, coherent and detailed explanations, and they stick it it out until you're happy.,Creating/working with tickets Inventory Reporting Everything,writing custom reports in SQLite,Yes,10The Perfect All-In-One IT Solution for SMBs!My organization primarly uses Spiceworks to track employee technical issues and requests. All my employees access the system in some fashion to log tickets. The IT department also uses the system to monitor the network, devices and software. Spiceworks helps keep IT organized and effective at responding to potential and current system issues.,It is free! Really! And it does SO much considering there is no cost. It helps me stay on top of issues and potential issues that may come up. It gives me access to the largest community of IT Professionals that work in the SMB sector. It is like having 1 million co-workers to bounce ideas off of. I am always learning something new from the community, how-tos, live videos and spot-light articles. They listen to their users and do the best to implement features that are requested. They connect you with vendors that provide meaningful solutions to your business that are priced for the SMB market.,I would like to see real-time monitor come to Spiceworks, and I know it is in the works as I type. I can't wait! I wish the software could track SLAs, but as of now you need to write custom reports.,10,I am able to prioritize and respond to user issue more efficiently. Users are able to use self-help features to enpower them and save valuable IT time/resources. I have been able to find new products/vendors that help solve other business needs. I have been able to get assistance with issues I didn't know how to solve on my own without having to pay the high price of an IT consulting firm.,BMC Remedy IT Service Management Suite,CA Service Desk Manager,10Use Spiceworks, you won't regret it.Before I started using it, I read carefully what it offered. But, I was really surprised by its features later on. I was amazed by the fact the whole internal LAN of the department was displayed in details. I could also see all the apps and programs installed on each computer, when the licences were expiring, and so on. Overall, very powerful and useful tool to manage your network and have the status updated.,General and detailed overview of LAN Currently installed apps and programs Breakdown of LAN elements by models, serial numbers, its usage.,Different administration credentials,9,Positive impact on having everything organized by Spiceworks. Be reminded if the license expires. Have an overall overview of the LAN.,Canvas 14,7You get what you pay for. Free still takes you a long way.Spiceworks is used in the IT department and our accounting department to help track daily support tickets for the entire company.,The interface is easy to read and can be tolerated every day The community plugins and support is a definite plus It's quick and easy to pickup as it should be for anyone new to ticketing For a free product it's got a lot of jam packaged features,Some plugins actually break part of the software even after uninstalling Its default database module can't handle high load usage A lot more useful features can be added to it but it seems like you get better luck asking the plugin community,5,Able to organize and priority support tickets A lot of features for a free product We're able to continue using it with over 18000 tickets and counting,,5Spiceworks ReviewSpiceworks is being used by our IT department only, currently. We installed it initially to use it to inventory our network. We have recently started using it for service monitoring and various other uses via plugins and add-ons.,Network device inventorying. Locating new devices and rogue devices. Inventorying installed software to maintain compliance with guidelines. Keeping up with hardware specs for life-cycle management. Identifying unusual network traffic. Keeping up with server up-time and alerting if a server or cloud service is down. Asset location tracking. Verifying Warranty information on brand name PCs.,Their help desk feature, while robust, tends to be a little quirky for end users.,9,Most parts of Spiceworks are Free, so how can one complain about that!,,Zendesk, Power Admin PA Server Monitor,,4,Device Inventory management Rogue Device detection Network Mapping Identification of Applications on Workstations. Workstation hardware specifications analysis.,Lifecycle management of Workstations,Looking into the helpdesk features which appear quite robust. Internal FAQ and Knowledgebase.,10,No,Price Product Features Product Usability Product Reputation Third-party Reviews,Would not change this process,Implemented in-house,No,Change management was minimal,The fact that it cannot use Microsoft SQL for its db, but instead it self-install it own little SQL lite. This makes it difficult for us to use with our primary reporting server/service.,8,No,10,No,Setup,Overall the product is simple to set up and get up and running in a minimal amount of time.,I wish Spiceworks would support installation on Microsoft SQL as opposed to forcing the use of its built in SQL-lite which makes reporting outside of the UI difficult at best.,8Spiceworks - don't leave work without it!The main purpose for selecting Spiceworks was for improved communication among IT department members in regards to ownership and updates of open IT tickets. Spiceworks is so well integrated that we can manage any IT tickets from anywhere in the world that has access to e-mail. The ability to use command prompts by way of e-mail makes us available virtually 24/7. For a small company it allows us to service our internal customers as if we were a 50 person strong department.,Communication - all users can track and update their tickets so it minimizes errors or assumptions on issues being resolved. Accountability - a problem is not resolved until the end user agrees that it is - having the ability to reopen tickets is a plus that users appreciate. Reliability - it works well for technical staff as well as novice users. Affordable - free - In my 20+ years of experience I have never encountered a full working product for free.,Inventory Scan - even though the scanning is set with a schedule, it tries to scan during the middle of the day - a little annoying but it can be stopped manually.,10,Better customer service Increased resolution times Increased self-serve troubleshooting - we all have those employees who cannot remember their last name - being able to look through closed tickets at the resolution or tips eliminates an additional ticket from being created. Traceability.,,10,10Spiceworks - Great IT ToolSpiceworks is being used by our information technology department to better service our county. We use it for its ticketing system as well as its inventory system. The ticketing system allows for easy customization and allows user to enter tickets through a ticket portal that ties into their window's credentials. The Inventory system does periodic network scans of many devices from PCs and printers to network switches.,Great Ticketing system Great Inventory System Awesome Community of IT professionals willing to help you with issues.,Because this is a free software there are periodic required upgrades that have to be done. Some required updates change how the program reads some code so custom codes may have to be re-done,9,Better customer service through custom coded feedback forms when tickets are closed Increased employee efficiency by having all work listed in one location Increased knowledge of what is going on with the network through network scans,9Spicy Review!We use Spiceworks mainly for the help desk feature. It is used to help us support about 200 users across two 2 states. For a free product, this is amazing. It works so well we decided to pay for the 'ad-free' version so we could support them. The help desk has all the features you could want from a ticketing system. Everything integrates with AD and email seamlessly. Quick and easy to setup. Our users love it as well. Spiceworks has helped us improve our customer service immensely. The reporting feature is great. It helps us easily identify problem areas or problem users so we can address them quickly. I would recommend Spiceworks to anyone in need of a help desk system.,The ticketing system works great. It includes a user portal so people can keep track of their tickets but also allows tickets creation/update via email which makes things so simple for the end user. Spiceworks is extremely customizable . Your can change the look of the portal to your liking, set custom categories that are relevant to your organization, and even completely customize the email notifications that are sent to team members. We have just started using the inventory feature which is really robust. You can set networks scans and Spiceworks will give you very detailed information about everything on your network.,Reporting. Spiceworks is SQL based so unless you know how to write SQL queries, it may be hard to get the exact information you need. I think the mobile app can use some more work. Though it does come in handy when running around a large building as we have here. Spiceworks was designed for small to medium sized businesses. Though I have not experienced this myself, I have heard from others that performance takes a hit when being used in a large organization. I worry that we may have to move away from Spiceworks as we grow.,9,Faster resolution to end user problems. Improved customer service. Improved efficiency for the help desk team.,,10
Spiceworks
<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring' target='_blank' rel='nofollow noopener noreferrer'>trScore algorithm: Learn more.</a>TRScore

Spiceworks Reviews

Spiceworks

Do you work for this company?

TrustRadius Top Rated for 2019
Showing 26 of 193 Spiceworks ratings and reviews.

Mitch Tuckness profile photo

Likelihood to Renew

I am happy with the product. It meets all the features I need and it even has additional ones I don't. For the support you get from the forums and for the cost (free) I don't think you can beat the system and the advertising is not as intrusive as I thought it would be and that was my main issue when I first installed it. I thought that because it is free it would be filled with ads and basically work as adware.
Read Mitch Tuckness's full review
Duke Pustay profile photo

Likelihood to Renew

As previously stated, you can't beat free. Especially when a product works this good. We have never had an issue with it going down. There is also a strong community of Spiceworks fanatics who are always willing to help! Also had mobile apps to maintain your business on the go. No complaints, would recommend to any friend or business!
Read Duke Pustay's full review
A.J. Stringham profile photo

Likelihood to Renew

Chances are I won't be starting my own company and chances are that any future employer doesn't have Spiceworks as its helpdesk. I wouldn't go against using it. If I walked in as the new IT guy somewhere and they had nothing, I'd get it setup without a second thought. But for a helpdesk solution, there are much better options.
Read A.J. Stringham's full review
Chris Johnson profile photo

Likelihood to Renew

There is no contract to renew, since it's free. Spiceworks has helped me so much that I couldn't imagine trying to replace it with a different product. I'd have a hard time finding a single product that does everything that Spiceworks does, let alone one that does it as well as Spiceworks and for free.
Read Chris Johnson's full review
Brent Long profile photo

Likelihood to Renew

This is an easy decision. We are sticking with Spiceworks for the long-haul because it works for us, plain and simple! The fact that it is constantly being vetted out, updated, feature-enriched, and supported truly make staying with the package a very smart business decision. As the old homage says, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"
Read Brent Long's full review
Tim Catania profile photo

Likelihood to Renew

Spiceworks does what I have not seen any other system do. It consolidates many excellent features into one dashboard. We no longer have to mange 4 or 5 different services. Our Spiceworks install has us covered both from computer management as well as from a help desk ticketing system standpoint. I'd give it a 10 because it meets our needs and it has surpassed our expectations.
Read Tim Catania's full review
Nikki Blake profile photo

Likelihood to Renew

With each upgrade of Spiceworks, I enjoy working with it that much more. As I continue to browse and/or participate in the Spiceworks community forums, I learn that much more about how to approach difficult or tricky problems and to do a better job for my users in general. I look forward to using the program for a long time.
Read Nikki Blake's full review
Lauren Fitzpatrick profile photo

Likelihood to Renew

Because it makes my job easy! It gives me all the resources I need to be effective at what I do and also be able to assist others with their IT needs at the same time. Even if I end up at a big business someday, I will still remain an active Spiceworks community member!
Read Lauren Fitzpatrick's full review
Bojan Stojanovski profile photo

Likelihood to Renew

I would love to use it again, but currently I am working in a private company where usage of such application is not necessarily needed since it's a small company. But if we grow up and our LAN expands I definitely recommend using Spiceworks and enhance our LAN management to the next level.
Read Bojan Stojanovski's full review
April 04, 2016

Spiceworks Review

Likelihood to Renew

It is a very versatile and useful product that continue to get better.

Likelihood to Renew

The program has a good fit for our department and we have already written custom java code to make it meet our needs.
June 03, 2014

Spicy Review!

Likelihood to Renew

Spiceworks is free, and has everything you could ask for. The support is great, the community is great, and everything just works. I haven't had 1 major issue since we started using it about 3 years ago. It does everything that we need and more. It even integrates with our LogMeIn accounts! Its easy to install and get up and running for production. Automatic backups and easy maintenance makes this product a 10.

Organize and prioritize service tickets (22)
Expert directory (19)
Subscription-based notifications (18)
ITSM collaboration and documentation (18)
Ticket creation and submission (22)
Ticket response (21)
External knowledge base (19)
Internal knowledge base (18)
Customer portal (19)
IVR (7)
Social integration (14)
Email support (18)
Help Desk CRM integration (14)

About Spiceworks