Spiceworks Reviews

BART HUNTER | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 04, 2019

Hey Security Practitioners! Here is the perfect free tool to install for performing a risk analysis on your network!

Likelihood to Renew

Spiceworks is a free tool, so there would be no hesitation if we are required to upgrade it. We have installed Spiceworks on a dedicated server with more than enough resources to get the most from this tool, so we will have this running in our department for years to come.
Read BART HUNTER's full review
Mitch Tuckness | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 11, 2015

Spiceworks Helpdesk & Inventory Review

Likelihood to Renew

I am happy with the product. It meets all the features I need and it even has additional ones I don't. For the support you get from the forums and for the cost (free) I don't think you can beat the system and the advertising is not as intrusive as I thought it would be and that was my main issue when I first installed it. I thought that because it is free it would be filled with ads and basically work as adware.
Read Mitch Tuckness's full review
Duke Pustay | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 25, 2015

Why Spiceworks works: Your personal help desk minion

Likelihood to Renew

As previously stated, you can't beat free. Especially when a product works this good. We have never had an issue with it going down. There is also a strong community of Spiceworks fanatics who are always willing to help! Also had mobile apps to maintain your business on the go. No complaints, would recommend to any friend or business!
Read Duke Pustay's full review
A.J. Stringham | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 30, 2014

It's okay for SMB but not great

Likelihood to Renew

Chances are I won't be starting my own company and chances are that any future employer doesn't have Spiceworks as its helpdesk. I wouldn't go against using it. If I walked in as the new IT guy somewhere and they had nothing, I'd get it setup without a second thought. But for a helpdesk solution, there are much better options.
Read A.J. Stringham's full review
Chris Johnson | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 06, 2014

Spiceworks has done more for my IT department than any two or three other software packages combined, and all for free.

Likelihood to Renew

There is no contract to renew, since it's free. Spiceworks has helped me so much that I couldn't imagine trying to replace it with a different product. I'd have a hard time finding a single product that does everything that Spiceworks does, let alone one that does it as well as Spiceworks and for free.
Read Chris Johnson's full review
Brent Long | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 04, 2014

Spiceworks truly is "Everything IT!"

Likelihood to Renew

This is an easy decision. We are sticking with Spiceworks for the long-haul because it works for us, plain and simple! The fact that it is constantly being vetted out, updated, feature-enriched, and supported truly make staying with the package a very smart business decision. As the old homage says, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"
Read Brent Long's full review
Tim Catania | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 17, 2014

Spiceworks - IT Everything at a glance.

Likelihood to Renew

Spiceworks does what I have not seen any other system do. It consolidates many excellent features into one dashboard. We no longer have to mange 4 or 5 different services. Our Spiceworks install has us covered both from computer management as well as from a help desk ticketing system standpoint. I'd give it a 10 because it meets our needs and it has surpassed our expectations.
Read Tim Catania's full review
Nikki Blake | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 16, 2014

Supremely useful AND it's free? Yes, please!

Likelihood to Renew

With each upgrade of Spiceworks, I enjoy working with it that much more. As I continue to browse and/or participate in the Spiceworks community forums, I learn that much more about how to approach difficult or tricky problems and to do a better job for my users in general. I look forward to using the program for a long time.
Read Nikki Blake's full review
Lauren Fitzpatrick | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 05, 2014

The Perfect All-In-One IT Solution for SMBs!

Likelihood to Renew

Because it makes my job easy! It gives me all the resources I need to be effective at what I do and also be able to assist others with their IT needs at the same time. Even if I end up at a big business someday, I will still remain an active Spiceworks community member!
Read Lauren Fitzpatrick's full review
Bojan Stojanovski | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 05, 2014

Use Spiceworks, you won't regret it.

Likelihood to Renew

I would love to use it again, but currently I am working in a private company where usage of such application is not necessarily needed since it's a small company. But if we grow up and our LAN expands I definitely recommend using Spiceworks and enhance our LAN management to the next level.
Read Bojan Stojanovski's full review
April 04, 2016

Spiceworks Review

Likelihood to Renew

It is a very versatile and useful product that continue to get better.

Organize and prioritize service tickets (36)
Expert directory (31)
Subscription-based notifications (27)
ITSM collaboration and documentation (29)
Ticket creation and submission (36)
Ticket response (35)
9.2
External knowledge base (34)
9.2
Internal knowledge base (31)
Customer portal (30)
IVR (7)
Social integration (18)
Email support (29)
Help Desk CRM integration (19)

About Spiceworks

Spiceworks offers a set of free tools for IT network management and help desk support ticketing. The inventory management system essentially provides comprehensive device information for asset management. The Spiceworks Network Monitor provides information on observed IT for problem tracking and server performance monitoring. And finally, the Spiceworks Help Desk Software lets IT personnel stay on top of issues across the network with a ticketing system. Help desk roles with role-based permissions and notifications allow tasks to be allocated across team members. If the user wishes to host Spiceworks apps and tools locally, then they are free. For cloud-based service, Spiceworks bills $12 per IT user per month, or $10 monthly per user if paid annually.

Spiceworks was founded in 2006 and is headquartered in Austin, Texas, also with a European headquarters in London (since 2012), and is generously backed by multiple investors, most notably Goldman Sachs.

Spiceworks Competitors