What is WordPress?
Best tool to build intuitive website quickly
Nothing like WordPress - Best Ever
WordPress For The Win!
Best Website CRM Tool
In my experience, WordPress will, without warning, change your business plan to the free plan, ruining your website!
Best Sitebuilder Out There Period
If you have a blog you can't go wrong with WordPress.
WordPress 7 Years Plus User Experiance
Swiss Army Knife of Website CMS
We Use WordPress and so Should You
Love using WordPress for our corporate blog
A great platform for both novice and expert
From simple to powerful website during the month
Best option for making website
Products that are considered exceptional by their customers based on a variety of criteria win TrustRadius awards. Learn more about the types of TrustRadius awards to make the best purchase decision. More about TrustRadius Awards
Popular FeaturesView all 16 features
- Library of website themes (128)8.787%
- Mobile optimization / responsive design (127)8.686%
- Page templates (126)8.585%
- Admin section (129)8.181%
Reviewer Pros & ConsView all pros & cons
PricingView all pricing
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
- Tech Details
What is WordPress?
Wordpress is an open-source publishing platform popular with bloggers and a content management system. The appearance of a Wordpress site and many of its functions are managed through themes, and further customizable through altering code, though altering code is not required; templates and plugins to expand its capabilities are plentiful. Wordpress features integrated link management, and a search-engine friendly permalink structure. WordPress now allows multiple blogs to exist within one installation. Websites may host their own blogging communities, controlling and moderating content from a single dashboard.
Wordpress is popular due to its simplicity
and modifiability. Furthermore implementing Wordpress costs only time. Two paid versions exist. The $99 premium plan allows a user an ad free custom domain with 13GB of space and advanced customization. The $299 Business plan allows unlimited space and supports eCommerce as well.
- Provide Support Live Chat
- Lead Liaison
- Planyo Online Booking System
- Super Monitoring
- Mautic (open source)
- Form Builder
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud Interaction Studio
- Matomo Analytics
- Acquia Open Digital Experience Platform (DXP)
WordPress Technical Details
Frequently Asked Questions
ComparisonsView all alternatives
Reviews and Ratings
Reviews(1-1 of 1)
- Popular Filters
Hands down the CMS to choose. You'll get different opinions depending on whether or not you are talking to a developer, marketer, or business owner... all things considered though, WordPress can't be beat.
- The flexibility of WordPress exceeds that of other content management systems because it's easy enough for a business owner or marketer to change without the steep learning curve or programming skills required by Drupal and Joomla.
- At the same time, it can be as turnkey as a Wix, SquareSpace, or Tumblr... granted: if you know what you're doing and HOW to make it a turnkey solution for a business..
- And with those considerations, it still remains software and not a hosted website solution. Meaning you own everything and can iterate the CMS and your site to do/be whatever you might need it to be; without the limitations of a hosted CMS.
- With so many capabilities, it's easy to cross the chasm from turnkey to overwhelming.
- If you're familiar with the old PC vs. Mac debate (or more recent Android vs. iPhone), WordPress is the PC/Android version of a CMS. Meaning, it's capable of anything and most widely used as a result. But that comes with it the scrutiny of the community, bugs as a result of so many different priorities and projects affiliated with the platform, and security gaps as plugins or themes fail to keep pace with development of the CMS.
- Significantly reduce the cost of software and website development as just about anything you can conceive of doing with a website (from social network to eCommerce to a crowdfunding clone of Kickstarter) has already been built in WordPress. The cost of this platform is merely in customization and maintenence.
- With it's PHP foundation and open-source framework, it's easy to find inexpensive, highly qualified developers to support any technical changes you'd like to make; while the ease of the platform means most Marketers can implement WordPress without developers.
- Corporate website.
- Local business site.
- e-Commerce site.
- Social network site.
Some estimates suggest that over 60% of the web is not powered by the WordPress CMS. The wisdom of the crowds is rarely wrong.
- Implemented in-house
- In-person training