August 26, 2020
Score 10 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with 8x8 Contact Center
We call support on the rare occasion of system issues. We've had a phone stop working and we've had a user's profile deleted. Twice in three years is far fewer issues than we've experienced with other telecom companies. Unlike our previous vendor, 8x8 logged in, performed detailed troubleshooting, and corrected our settings. The end result was a resolution on ONE call, not multiple calls.
- Take ownership of our issue
- Find a solution, no matter how long it takes
- Escalate "unsolvable" problems to in-house experts to solve the problem
- Restating and clarifying is Customer Service 101, but the call center takes it to the extreme.
- Call center agent gave the perception she was preoccupied with other matters when I called--distracted.
- Upon transferring my call to a senior tech, the agent kept coming back on the line to let me know she was still looking for the senior tech. Rather than putting me into a queue, she came back on the line too frequently. She needs to find a balance between too little and too much.
- Reduced our costs by over 35 percent
- Kept pricing stable for three years (unlike cable-associated companies)
- Easy for us to install in-house, rather than have a technician on-site for a full day.
8x8 Contact Center is far superior. Agents are always available without having to first go through the voice tree with endless selections. 8x8 agents have never been combative or defensive. Our experience with Xfinity's call center was not as seamless. We selected 8x8 based on internet reviews, research, cost, and ease of installation. 8x8 won on all counts.
The agents took ownership and solved the problem. Restating and clarifying everything I said kept 8x8 from getting a "10" here. Despite the agents restating and clarifying too much, the senior technicians know what they are doing! They kept digging and digging until they found the problem, fixed it, and (most importantly) tested it before ending the call. This is not consistent with call center industry standards as most agents with other firms "fix" a problem and hang up. We don't learn how bad the "fix" was until later.
Do you think 8x8 Contact Center delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with 8x8 Contact Center's feature set?
Did 8x8 Contact Center live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of 8x8 Contact Center go as expected?
Would you buy 8x8 Contact Center again?
8x8 Contact Center is well suited for any small or mid-sized business. I cannot attest to how it would fare in a large operation. There are some quirks with retrieving voicemails. There seem to be a lot of redundancies (e.g. push X to listen to your messages, then press Y to select this group, then press X to listen to your messages). Seems like too many steps to me.