ADP Workforce Now You Need Another System
Updated July 22, 2016
ADP Workforce Now You Need Another System
Score 5 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with ADP Workforce Now
ADP Workforce Now is currently being used across the entire organization as our HR system of record. The system enables employees to manage and review their personal information, benefits, payroll, time-keeping and performance record through the self-service solution. ADP also enables employee managers to manage their team through the self-service portal. This is beneficial because it allows our organization to reduce paperwork and increases transparency as most transactions can be completed directly in the ADP, and they are always visible for the employee or manager to view.
- Payroll - With ADP's history and established reputation as a payroll processor, this is one of the strengths of ADP Workforce Now. Our payroll administrator is able to manage and run payroll directly through the portal.
- Employee/Manager Self-Service - This has been most helpful for us because employee's are able to view and manage their record and make updates directly through the system, which helps reduce the burden on the HR administrative team. Managers are also able to review their team and manage things like performance and time-off. The self-service tool creates transparency between the employee and manager, and helps ensure important employee record information is always accessible and up to date.
- Dashboards - The at a glance company analytics that are provided has been helpful for providing a quick snapshot into the organization.
- Performance Management - Compared to other systems the performance management module is very basic and not very flexible and I wouldn't recommend it if your organization has any interest in 360 reviews.
- Time Management - The tool has a clock-in/clock-out feature for hourly employees, however at times the tool malfunctions leaving employee's with missing punches that their manager or HR than have to update.
- Reporting - ADP has come a long way in this area, but at times creating custom reports is still challenging and I find myself having to request assistance to make my reports usable.
- Payroll Tax Location Changes - I'm not sure why, but in order to make a make a tax location change ADP terminates the employee record and creates a new record with a new ID. This creates all sorts of discrepancies in our data, because some times employee's who have had changes to their location will appear on termination reports. This is probably one of the most frustrating aspects of the system.
- Security - ADP security management leaves much to be desired, as it does not allow for much customization as past systems I have worked with have.
- Onboarding - ADP does not have a true onboarding tool. They have some workarounds you can create, but not a true method for effectively managing the onboarding process for employee. This is a huge miss for a system of this size.
- It has mostly centralized our HR processes and gave us a central place to process and manage employee records
- It has allowed us to produce reports to meet compliance reporting needs.
- It has reduced payroll processing errors.
ADP Workforce Now while a good option for some companies, does not compare to other systems I have used in the market. As an HRIS professional I am used to system that can be managed and administered by the internal HRIS team, but I find aspects of managing ADP to be difficult. The training and documentation provided on the system setup and administration has proven to be less helpful than expected. The organization I came into had newly implemented ADP and I was not a part of the selection process. Had I been able to take part in the selection, I don't believe that ADP would have been my choice. As we are a small organization, the expense of running the system hasn't quite met or expected ROI.
ADP Workforce Now seems to be ideally suited for an organization that can afford all of the additional services they are always trying to up sell you on. If you are a small company or non-profit with a limited budget the full ADP Workforce Now suite may not be the best choice for you, because it is a bit of a bear to manage and the customer service solutions leave much to be desired. For larger companies, I will still say aspects of the system such as Performance Management may not work as well for meet your needs, as the module isn't the most customizable. ADP Workforce Now I believe is ideally suited for anyone looking for a basic way to manage their staff and effectively run payroll. Some of the more robust people management tools do not seem to be available with ADP Workforce Now.
ADP Workforce Now Feature Ratings
ADP Workforce Support
It often takes quite a long time to reach a resource when calling ADP for support. Then once connected I have found the representatives to have varying degrees of knowledge on the topic, making solutions to issues inconsistent.
Not kept informed
Difficult to get immediate help
Need to explain problems multiple times
Slow Initial Response
Using ADP Workforce
I can see the intention, but ADP Workforce Now has some flaws in the design that make it less intuitive to manage. I have read all of the training documents and signed up for training, but still find my times lost in trying to decipher how certain functions work. Calling ADP for assistance at times doesn't alleviate the confusion. When voicing these concerns to ADP, we are pushed into other products that equal more money. As a person with an HRIS background, learning ADP wouldn't be an issue if documentation was clear and support was truly available. I don't want to pay extra money for a system in order to receive basic answers to questions.
Like to use
Technical support not required
Not well integrated
Slow to learn
Feel nervous using
- Onboarding - There is a not true onboarding tool and the hire process requires many steps that can be time consuming to process
- Reporting - Creating reports from scratch has often proved difficult
- Time-Keeping and Payroll - The two systems do not speak to each other as fluidly as they should