Agorapulse = Our Agencies Saving Grace
June 26, 2019

Agorapulse = Our Agencies Saving Grace

Score 10 out of 101

Overall Satisfaction with Agorapulse

We use AgoraPulse (AP) as a central tool at our digital marketing agency. It is the main platform that we work on daily. It assists us in keeping clients social profiles organized, from calendaring to community management. The main reason we switched to AP was for the community management aspect. They have an inbox that pulls all messages and comments right into AP so I don't have to log into 15 different social accounts individually on my computer. They also have a "listening" feature that tracks when people tag or mention that profile, and it also tracks hashtags that you tell it to. This has been very useful in keeping an eye on clients reputation. The calendaring aspect is vital to what we do, since we have to have them approved by the individual clients, and AP allows us to do this.
  • Customer Service - they have killer customer service. They are fast and super helpful, even when it is an issue with the social platform and not AP.
  • Calendaring tool - ability to approve, send for approval, etc.
  • Listening tool - ability to track mentions, tags, hashtags, etc.
  • Reporting - they have really excellent reports that I pull on a weekly basis for clients.
  • Tracks comments on ads you are running as well.
  • Did I mention customer service?
  • Publish multiple photos to Instagram in one post - this is in development, but we don't have it yet.
  • There are some irritating things that are not because of AP but because the social platforms will not allow them (e.g., we cannot respond to IG comments through the platform, which you can do for FB comments, because IG will not allow 3rd parties to do this anymore.)
  • Sometimes it is hard to connect social platforms.
  • No "draft" feature on the calendaring tool (you can create a post and assign it to yourself...this is the workaround, but a draft feature would be more user-friendly).
2 - We are partners in the business, and share everything between us. We also have clients on the platform for approval purposes (including those people we have 5 people on the platform).
  • Because of the time it saves us, this has had an overall positive impact on our agencies ROI.
  • Because we are able to keep on top of our clients social, it has also improved their ROI.
  • Definitely worth the monthly investment.
We loved HeyOrca, however, they did not have any kind of community management tools. I spoke with their developer at a conference and found that this is not something they have planned to integrate, so we likely will not go back to them. We liked that they had a draft feature in their calendaring and that the people who just approved content (clients) did not have to have an account with HeyOrca, they could approve everything through a link in an email.
If you are an all service digital agency, then Agorapulse is probably a great solution for you - especially if you have multiple team members/people who have to approve content, and more than 4 or 5 profiles to manage.

If you are a small business looking to manage your social through a third party software yourself, probably not the best option. If you are only using it for a few profiles it can be pricey, and probably gives you way too many tools. There is a little learning curve to it, so if you are looking for something simple that you can do yourself, probably look elsewhere.

Agorapulse Feature Ratings

Competitor analysis
Role-based user permissions & privileges
Mobile access

Agorapulse Support

I have reached out for support many times, and they are always fast and extremely helpful. I have only ever had one issue that was not resolved, and the only reason that one was not resolved is that Instagram is stupid when it comes to customer service and their platform. It was an issue with IG policies, not AP. But they still did all they could to help with it. They have to make up for FB/IG sucky customer service, and they do that in a big way.
ProsCons
Kept well informed
No escalation required
Immediate help available
Support understands my problem
Support cares about my success
Quick Initial Response
None
Yes - Pretty well - the hashtag tracking tool was not working very well, and they manually backlogged the posts it had missed and reported the bug to their team. I have not check back yet to see if it has been fixed.
Literally every time I have asked for help. This morning, in fact, I was getting a 505 Error, and contacted them via FB for support. They were just as fast and helpful on FB as they are within the platform. He ran a test and the website was up and running immediately. Always have killer support for this platform!