Review of AVI-SPL Services
Updated September 08, 2022
Review of AVI-SPL Services
Score 9 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with AVI-SPL
We use AVI-SPL for the design and installation of our conference room audio visual systems and other equipment installations. We have preventative maintenance and service agreements for those systems. They are also a preferred vendor for equipment purchases. When looking for recommendations for the latest and greatest equipment and technologies I will call on my sales reps.
- Audio Visual system design
- Troubleshooting for repair work
- suggesting innovative new products
- reaching specific people in the service department. I am usually not sure what technician they will send and due to our company's COVID protocols, I need forms filled out ahead of time by the techs that will be on site.
- Reaching people for scheduling. Occasionally I have tried to schedule a service call, provided my availability when asked, and then not heard back to confirm a date. This has left the follow-up communication up to me.
- When trying to reach the general service department for just a simple question, they always open up a service ticket that sometimes goes unanswered for quite a while. The last time this happened I just wanted to know when my next PM visit was due to be scheduled. I still have not heard back. It has been 5 days.
- Our Lobby Conference Room that AVI-SPL designed and installed is an impressive showpiece for customers and potential clients.
- The UCC applications that have been installed in recent years weren't so quick to take off at first, but since the pandemic, they have become an essential part of our daily operations.
Communication with Support and Scheduling is the only reason I did not rate this question as an eight or a nine. Without having to make a phone call I wish that sending emails was responded to a little more efficiently. Every time I ask Service what seems like a simple question, a ticket is opened. Something like "When is my next PM visit coming up?" This generated a service ticket to be opened which after 5 days has not been responded to. Normally response time from Service is not this bad. The Scheduling Department has had some very poor response times as well.
Thanks to product recommendations with my sales reps I was able to set up a remotely monitored IT Service Desk solution for people who still had to work on-site during the shutdown. Employees could walk into the Service Desk with computer problems and still be attended to by a live person via video technologies in place.
I have used other AV vendors and AVI has usually always been a pleasure to work with. Some of the other vendors I have used in the past have actually now been acquired by AVI-SPL (Whitlock and SKC Communications)
Do you think AVI-SPL delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with AVI-SPL's feature set?
Did AVI-SPL live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of AVI-SPL go as expected?
Would you buy AVI-SPL again?
AVI-SPL does very nice design and installation work. I believe that they come up with innovative solutions. I understand how hard it is to do a nice project on a limited budget but it would be nice to see more options for designs saving money. Our departments and managers always want nice solutions (as everyone does), but don't always have a big enough budget.
20 - The IT department and the Facilities department use them for installations, designs, and product recommendations.
1 - I am not really sure what you are asking. I am the main person who deals with AVI-SPL.
- Room design
- technology installations
- recommendations for equipment, technology, emerging trends