Overall Satisfaction with Blackbaud Raiser's Edge NXT
We use Blackbaud Raiser's Edge NXT in our foundation to manage our constituent database and track fundraising. RE NXT will allow us to expand the number of users that can access information in our system and help our board members, volunteers, and fundraisers (staff and volunteer) have a better understanding of our donors. As a smaller organization, this allows us to expand our solicitor base and yet still maintain control over information and data. RE NXT includes a web review - great for the fundraisers- and the database view - still the key tool for our internal staff. It is a both, not an either/or situation - which is so helpful.
- Unlimited number of users.
- Flexibility to allow for email and other integrations.
- Allows you to customize dashboards for specific users.
- The webview is a "big sell" by Blackbaud staff but it's development has been slow.
- While some add-on features provide benefits, you may pay for others you don't need.
- The attention to you during the sales process often does not match the attention after the sale.
- The price can be high, especially if you aren't willing to pay for training and continued support service - it is a sophisticated program that not everyone can learn/understand on their own. Don't buy an expensive sports car, if you don't know how to drive it.
- Webview and Database view.
- Ability to use with online payment forms and payment processes.
- Ability to expand what we do as we develop our program.
- Helping us to reduce the number of other tools/expenses for services included in RE NXT.
RE NXT is Raiser's Edge on steroids and with more web base options Little Green Light offers a lot of similar options for a smaller shop with a smaller budget Donor Perfect - used too long ago to fairly compare One Cause - is more helpful for our auction/gala events than events module in RE but not as many tools Network for Good - we have been using until we are up and running with the online giving tools of RE NXT.
Do you think Blackbaud Raiser's Edge NXT delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Blackbaud Raiser's Edge NXT's feature set?
Did Blackbaud Raiser's Edge NXT live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of Blackbaud Raiser's Edge NXT go as expected?
Would you buy Blackbaud Raiser's Edge NXT again?
RE NXT is suited to organizations that are willing to put the time and effort into training - not just start-up training but ongoing training. While it is more lug-an-play than some other CRMs, you still need to understand how the system works to get your money's worth out of it. If you don't need all the bells and whistles that it has to offer, is a 1-person or very small shop that can afford the training, the maintenance, and support...AND the time to learn...you may find this software frustrating. I have benefited from organizations that have allowed me to take training, attend webinars and develop with the software. Once you make the commitment to the software, you also need to be prepared to look for the right people to keep it up - it is your perpetual employee. Don't think about who you have TODAY to use it - but also what who you will need later and if they are not already versed in RE NXT - will the organization be willing to train them.