HotSchedules is the new Hotness in Labor Management
January 12, 2018

HotSchedules is the new Hotness in Labor Management

Overall Satisfaction with HotSchedules

We use HotSchedules for shift scheduling and timecards, initially for our tasting room but now for the whole business. We had previously used paper timecards, so this is a big step forward for the company. We have a mix of salaried and hourly employees, and to my knowledge all hourly employees track their time through HotSchedules.
  • Ability for field employees to clock in and out on their phones
  • Easy management of staff and timecards by managers
  • Easily altered options for various levels of staff
  • Robust reporting options
  • Reliance on internet connections can sometimes be an issue with HotSchedules, given our rural location, this is an issue with all SAAS suites however.
  • We have only one account for our many departments, which means we occasionally run into issues using some features, as each department operates differently but our options in HotSchedules must be the same.
  • A minor pet peeve, but I would love it if, when I was altering employee's punch in/out times, that the date/time would not reset until I hit the "submit" button. Sometimes a man just wants to make changes in his own order.
  • Support for a card-based timecard solution.
  • Ability to host a local instance on our own servers
ProsCons
Quick Resolution
Good followup
Knowledgeable team
Problems get solved
No escalation required
Immediate help available
Support cares about my success
Quick Initial Response
Need to explain problems multiple times
For our department, exact start times are far less important than consistent attendance. We do not use the attendance portion of the module as scheduling production staff is an exercise in futility. I will say that the timecard system is the big benefit to us, as it eliminates the rather iffy paper timecards and gives me as a manager much more transparency in real time as to what people's status and hours are.
  • adp
I liked ADP and I would say that the two systems are comparable.
We are much better able to track employee hours in real time, and therefore have a much better chance of successfully managing overtime.
HotSchedules is ideal for our hospitality team, but can be a bit of a hurdle for our production department at times, particularly when we have a lot of people trying to clock in at once - when the system is down or moving slowly, it can bleed us of up to 10 minutes of productivity in the morning, which can have a big impact on our days.