Great for Small Business
December 14, 2018
Great for Small Business
Score 8 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with iContact
We use iContact for our email marketing contacts. I am the only one that uses it in our organization, but the entire company gives me what they want me to put out, as well as bringing contacts in. We send out a monthly newsletter as well as various promotions and announcements.
- Contact management. iContact is really great for entering all your contact. You are able to put them onto different lists, and let them choose which lists they would like to be a part of as well. There are many data fields provided to fill in information.
- Emailing. We use the email feature at least once a month. They are always improving and adding new features, which is very helpful in presenting content in a new and exciting way to our readers. There are many options with remade templates and themes, or you can add your own.
- Insights. It is really helpful being able to have the data to see what is working and what isn't. It is nice to be able to go back and see how things went in the past compared to now. Opens, clicks, shares, etc.
- Surveys. iContact used to offer doing surveys direct through their platform and it was great. Very easy to use with great results. They removed that feature, sadly.
- Even better contact management. Every list you put a contact on goes towards your subscriber count. The more subscribers you have to more you have to pay. Sometimes emails get lost and the only way to manually subscribe someone to a list that never responded is by contacting support.
- More flexibility in creating templates. Their template creating feature for emails is very rigid. While you can change colors and widths of columns, you can't make it completely yours
- When we run promotions it really starts to bring more people out. usually when we run specials we will run them through our social media, but we have special promotions for our newsletter subscriber that keep them opening our emails and get them coming out to see us.
- I don't know exactly the ROI, but it is definitely worth it. For us it gives us another channel to reach our customers, especially the older generations that don't use social media as much.
I didn't actually choose iContact, it was already implemented when I started working for the company. I haven't looked too deeply into switching because it works for our needs right now. I would love to find another service with more customization and surveys included, but haven't had a chance to look.
iContact is a great option for small businesses. It doesn't have enough features to create the demands of a large corporation. Of course the price goes up exponentially with more subscribers, which would also make it beneficial for small businesses. If you have too many lists to add people to it can get a little crazy too.