Overall Satisfaction with KACE Systems Management Appliance (SMA)
KACE is being used for systems deployment, patching, service desk, inventory control, and software deployment. Our IT dept is using KACE for all IT related tasks. It addresses the main issue of administrating the systems in terms of patching1200 windows machine, imaging, handling tickets, and software push to all PCs, which has made our lives much easier.
- The Agent push makes it quite effective in managing all assets on the network.
- Patching is less cumbersome than Wsus and SCCM.
- Ease of administering all PC assets.
- The ticketing system keeps tracks of all tickets and communication between users and engineers.
- The interface could use an update to look more modern and make sure it loads quicker.
- There's email flooding with creating and updating tickets, which is not necessary.
- More documentation would help with training.
- It has improved productivity in terms of ticketing tracking, and has cut down on repetitive tasks.
- It has great reporting features that help us modify our processes to make us more efficient.
- A cost is associated with each module, which drives up cost.
The usability factor is quite important and significant for us, as we heavily rely on KACE to manage and administer our environment.
Support has been great in helping us with troubleshooting issue as well, as setting up scripts and automation.
By far it easier to deploy and manage. It makes the process of deployment, software, and patching much easier, and it's an all-in-one solution that is easy to manage and train helpdesk on.
KACE is well suited for all companies that require ease of use management of network assets, and it will standardize the process of imaging, deployment, patching, and ticketing. It's not suitable for a small environment, given the expense of the software and the modules.