Overall Satisfaction with LiquidPlanner
We use LiquidPlanner as the project organizer where we structure each project and the specific tasks that need to be completed by the various teams. LiquidPlanner helps us to organize all of the small details and tasks that need to be taken care of in a specific order for the products we make to be completed correctly. We have a design team, development team and a writing team that all have to coordinate their efforts to create the marketing materials we produce. LiquidPlanner helps us coordinate where everyone is at with their specific tasks and allows us to see what still needs to be done. We are much more organized because we have a clear "map" of what work has happened and what work still needs to happen on a project. LiquidPlanner is something we use daily and something we need to keep our projects moving between teams.
- LiquidPlanner lets you organize to an insane degree, you can create packages, folders, packages, sub-packages and tasks and even more things to organize projects.
- LiquidPlanner allows you to set up dependent actions meaning a task can be assigned to someone but they won't see it until a task the needs to be done first is marked as done. This allows you to keep things in order so tasks don't get out of order of when they need to be completed.
- LiquidPlanner lets you assign tasks with a certain amount of hours it's expected to take. This is super helpful because it helps you keep track of how much you've assigned a team or specific person so you don't assign them more than then could do in a week. We are able to track how many hours tasks take and to make sure everyone has a healthy work load.
- One thing that can be frustrating with LiquidPlanner is the search function. The search area will populate with results, but once you click on a task, project or folder, it won't let you expand the item if there is more underneath it. This is frustrating because sometimes you want to see what is included in a project, but you have to search and then clear the search bar before it lets you look more into something.
- LiquidPlanner is so expansive and has so much potential that is can be overwhelming to a new user or to someone who doesn't use it often. This is hard because it take a lot of training to get someone familiar with the software-- the up side it that once they are familiar with it, it is really helpful to use.
- Sometimes the software can get glitchy and jump around or kick you out of an active task you are editing. This is frustrating if you haven't saved your work because it will lose all the work you've added. I've seen this improve over the last few years I've used the software, but it comes up every now and again.
- It helps us save time tracking down details and tasks. Something that might take an hour to email up we are able to create a template for and copy each time we need a member of our team to do it. It saves us hours of work.
- Another huge impact is being able to track how much work we have to do. Because we enter all of our projects and the outstanding tasks into LiquidPlanner it allows us to track if we are staying on top of our work or if we need to hire more help.
- We are able to coordinate between teams much more efficiently than before we used LiquidPlanner. We don't waste time in meetings trying to see what people have done for the week or what they have left to do-- we just have to look in LiquidPlanner to see what tasks are marked done and what are still active.
Do you think LiquidPlanner delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with LiquidPlanner's feature set?
Did LiquidPlanner live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of LiquidPlanner go as expected?
I wasn't involved with the implementation phase
Would you buy LiquidPlanner again?
LiquidPlanner is amazing for any time of project management scenario where you have to manage several teams and details. Running a project through LiquidPlanner is so easy because it lets you break down the project into sections and folders and small tasks that you can assign to specific people. With a small to medium size team-- LiquidPlanner is amazing for organizing and tracking details. If you have a huge team or not a ton of details to track LiquidPlanner might not be right for you because it is a software that requires some good training to learn and has tons of functions that can be utilized so it seems better suited to be used by a smaller group looking to coordinate or for people who have lots of details that can be difficult to track.