October 04, 2019
Score 7 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Optimizely
Optimizely is used by a select few teams to quickly test both new product features, as well as tweaks to existing product features. It allows us to optimize customer conversion and retention through iterative changes to the product. Ultimate, Optimizely allows us to obtain valuable information about our product, so that we can continue to improve the customer experience.
- Easy to use for less technically inclined individuals
- Ability to target very specific audiences
- Ability to change traffic allocation of an experiment at any time
- Limited flexibility for developers (Optimizely Web)
- Certain usages can result in performance degradation and/or page flickering, which is detrimental to the user experience
- Lack of support for persistent / longer running experiments in Optimizely Web
- Increase conversions from implementing successful experiments
- Time saved on testing new user experiences
I have not used other products similar to Optimizely. I was not involved in the decision to evaluate Optimizely or other similar products.
Optimizely Web is well suited for individuals or organizations that are interested in improving conversion. A prime example is on a marketing page, where the ultimate goal is to get the user to sign up. Optimizely allows even individuals with less technical knowledge of the product to implement and test changes that can have a large impact on conversion. Optimizely Web is less appropriate for improving retention as long running experiments can be tricky to run. Optimizely Full Stack aims to address this issue and provides a much richer experience for engineers and developers.
Optimizely Web Experimentation Feature Ratings
Optimizely Web works well at a small scale, but may require extensive coordination amongst many cross-cutting groups to successfully run experiments in a large product.