Overall Satisfaction with ScreenConnect
We use ScreenConnect in our Technical Support department to help remote troubleshooting of the software we write and sell nationwide.
- Getting connected with ScreenConnect is super simple for our customers. No exchanging of a random number or letters, no miscommunication.
- Connection quality is great, even on lower end systems. Screen updates are fast and efficient, on the same level as products like TeamViewer.
- File transfers are generally quicker than with other products, such as TeamViewer, and very easy to accomplish with drag and drop ability.
- The ability to completely customize the color scheme, icons, and logos is highly refreshing. Our customers are not confused or questioning what software they are running.
- The API allows us to integrate ScreenConnect right into our software, which is a HUGE bonus for us.
- Has an option for self-hosting which allows us to control down-time.
- The host menu options can be confusing for new technicians to get used to. Sometimes it's hard to find what you are looking for.
- Their cloud product is great, but has had an outage that lasted around an hour. Support was great and things happen, but any downtime during business hours is still a problem. Self-hosting is an option, but can be an large up front cost that first year.
- The VoIP and sound from remote clients is not the best.
We were looking to replace TeamViewer. Cost was not the only factor, the software had to be easy, have an API, and it had to work great. The ONLY product that met those basic needs was ScreenConnect. Bomgar was slow. GoToMeeting was a pain to share the other person's screen. GoToAssist was expensive with no easy API. Join.me was SLOW and had a lot of clicking for our customers. ScreenConnect had everything we needed, and then some.
If you have to support multiple clients/customers, ScreenConnect is absolutely great. The ease at which your customers can get connected is just top notch. Remote online meetings work well, but you would be advised to use a separate phone conference system like GoToMeeting does. If you already have such a system in place like we do, this is a perfect solution for online meetings as well (we do it weekly!).