Overall Satisfaction with Tableau Desktop
In our company, we use this department-wide. The teams that work on data visualization use this product. The work on this tool is client specific, some teams use this to understand the data, some teams use it for making the good charts for presenting the data. The teams that are mainly using this tool are more into analytics.
- It creates good dashboards.
- Selecting the fields and metrics is quite easy. We can create the formulas for presenting any variable.
- We can use this tool with R studio and SQL, which I think is the major power of this tool.
- We can process huge data in a very limited time.
- Output delivery of charts is also very efficient. For example, we can take the PDF of the charts, which is good, from other tools.
- More statistical functions need to be introduced in it.
- We can not clean the data through this tool.
- While taking the data from multiple sources, it hangs sometimes which sometimes crashes the whole system.
It is very easy to use, we can create numbers of charts through it which I think other tools lack in. Lots of online communities are there which have provided solutions to the basic issues. Its ODS(output delivery system) is also very effective. We can use SQL in it for processing the data.
For performing the exploratory data analysis(EDA) through charts this is the best tool that is available in the market. For understanding the data i.e finding the insights so this leads. If you are working on data management, then you can not completely depend on this tool as data cleaning and data transforming is not possible through it. For drawing inferences, no one will suggest this tool.