Overall Satisfaction with TOPdesk
We started using TOPdesk this year. We transitioned from Spiceworks to TOPdesk. TOPdesk is our IT ticketing system and asset management system. Currently, it is only used by the IT department. We do see a use for it with our HR and Building Services area that we hope to implement in the future. At the end of 2020, we determined we needed a new helpdesk system. The new system needed to be in the cloud, have an asset tracking module, and have good reporting. The system also had to be able to sync with Active Directory.
12 - Currently our IT department makes use of the system. This includes IT management, Desktop Support, Network Support, and application management. We do see a business use for system to be used with our Human Resources department to track their processes. Also the system could replace the work order system Building Management uses.
- Asset management.
- Ticket creation.
- Automation of processes.
- My biggest issue is with the duplication of tickets and not being able to combine them.
- Our implementation could have gone better.
- It would be nice if the system could scan for assets and not rely on manual creation of assets.
- This year we moved to a unified hardware budget where IT now orders all assets from our budget. Asset management is key to that goal. TOPdesk has enabled our department to move forward with of Computer Lifecycle program of replacements.
- TOPdesk did come with a cost, we went from using the free Spiceworks solution to a paid solution with TOPdesk. But I firmly believe the benefits outweigh the cost.
- We had started to have stability issues with our old helpdesk solution. With TOPdesk I have had no downtime and by it being cloud-based we no longer have to have onsite servers.
TOPdesk was picked as our new Helpdesk solution due to the Asset Management module and the ability to integrate to Active Directory. When we work with the product demo we enjoyed the way TOPdesk does its work flow. Just about any field in the system is customizable. I have found their knowledge base of the product to be well written and up-to-date.
I give it a solid 8. The pre-sale demo sales person was very knowledgeable and pleasant to work with. We had a few issues with our implementation, we had engineers switched on us to a person on their first implantation. We then had to have another tech added to help the new engineer. Since we went online the few times I have had to contact support they were quick to help. The implementation is the only reason I would not give it a 10.
TOPdesk is meeting or exceeding everything I need in a Helpdesk/Asset Management system. I have no need or desire to look for another solution at this time. We kept our last solution for nine years, and I would have no problem with keeping TOPdesk just as long as long as it remains stable and the cost does not increase.
Do you think TOPdesk delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with TOPdesk's feature set?
Did TOPdesk live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of TOPdesk go as expected?
Would you buy TOPdesk again?