UKG and Me; a love story.
January 29, 2021
UKG and Me; a love story.
Score 9 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with UKG Pro (formerly Ultimate Software UltiPro)
UKG Pro is First Tech main HR tool for our 1600+ active employees and 2000+ terminated employees who rely on access to their historical employment data. UKG Pro addresses our businesses' need for well executed employment data management, workflows, and ability to report out on data. UKG Pro offers a suite of options for administrators and end-users alike which make the tool easy to use.
- Automated Role Security Configuration has been well implemented and helps reduce manual work.
- The Cognos Business Intelligence tools available with UKG Pro allows a business to do everything from create the most simple reports to creating robust automations and efficiencies in business processes.
- Workflow Configuration based off UltiPro Security role allows for the utmost ability to create dynamic workflows and approval processes for the variety of employee and leader transactions required of a system like UKG Pro.
- UKG Pro lacks in the recruiting space. The integration of data between the core and recruiting modules is not at its best yet.
- At the price enterprises pay, a sandbox environment should be standard.
- Service Requests costs can get a little out of control. If so many customers are asking for similar features that are offered by other large players in the game, it would be nice to see some additional big picture items added to the roadmap.
- Increased Employee Self Service Options
- Increased Leader Self Service Options
- Reduced HR time spent on manual processes
- Reduced need to engage HR for assistance
UKG is in line with the systems listed as a top five product. At the upper echelon, there is little to differentiate these products outside aspects that are usually industry specific requirements that some organizations have. For example, I have heard UKG is fantastic in the retail, warehouse functions. A industry I have heard it struggle is in the medical field.
Overall the performance of UKG is comparable with other systems. Downtime is rare and our organization is pretty well able to depend on UKG being available 99% of the time. I think UKG has some room to grow in the space of integrating with other systems. Ultimately the support teams are extremely helpful.
UKG support is very potentially one of my favorite part of our partnership with UKG. From the support teams on the ground to the designated Account Manager/Executive Relationship Manager; I believe UKG invests a lot in client support and it shows. UKG can improve in their communication amongst their front lines to their ERMs to ensure continuity in information delivered to clients.
This is an easy question - UKG has gone above and beyond multiple times for me and my organization. In a recent transition between companies using UKG, my new UKG Account Manager and Executive Relationship Manager have been crucial to my ability to onboard with my new organization and get the lay of the land with the use of the UKG system.
UKG offers a unique value proposition in it's expansive and collaborative features available across the modules offered. UKG offers amazing ability to report on your workforce and use attributes to understand trends/design strategic initiatives. UKG could increase their tools ability to schedule more dynamically. This is important to my space in events and entertainment. Hopefully with the merger of Kronos, Time & Scheduling tools will see a big upgrade.