Ultimate - A perfect solution.
Updated June 28, 2016
Ultimate - A perfect solution.
Score 9 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with UltiPro
Ultipro is used as our core HRIS program in addition to providing solutions regarding performance management, succession management, compensation management, onboarding, recruitment, employee self service, business intelligence, and data integration. It is utilized by our entire organization and we have multiple administrative end users as well.
- Performance Management - easy to use/administer and has bolstered our organizations focus on goal setting and strategic alignment
- Business Intelligence - although predominately managed through self service, once the needed skill set is acquired, any type of report/metric is available. Very diverse environment, and you will never have to pay for complex reports as long as you are willing to roll up your sleeves
- Employee Self Service - goes beyond traditional self service web portals and not only provides a user friendly environment to casual participants, but it is highly customizable. Internal branding is always important and Ultimate got it right.
- Data integration with third party vendors - Ultimate continues to improve and expand on this area, and I don't have in depth knowledge of what other HRIS vendors provide in this area, but this process is typically associated with a paid service request. Again, Ultimate is constantly improving and I foresee this changing in time.
- Capturing diverse reporting relationships - Basic security and numerous modules are based off of 'Supervisor' information. However, this is not a dynamic field and users only have the ability to select one supervisor. As organizations continue to have increasingly complex reporting relationships, this is not always ideal. A tough problem to fix from a security perspective, especially when considering module functionality, but something Ultimate should address long term.
- Proxy Access - currently unavailable which makes trouble shooting certain issues more onerous.
Ultimate is the perfect solution for most environments. With the newly developed Onboarding and Recruiting modules (V14), all software has been developed by Ultimate and syncs well with their core HRIS (unlike other vendors who purchase products then mash them into their core - often poorly). Ultimate may not be appropriate for extremely large, global and dynamic organizations. That being said, I'm sure they could make it work if the right resources are allocated.
UKG Pro (formerly Ultimate Software UltiPro) Feature Ratings
Top notch. They have recorded webinars, resource libraries, live remote trainings, and in person training available; all free.
The support from Ultimate is phenomenal! They truly view their clients as partners, and the value received from their dedicated Executive Relationship Managers is extremely high. Support, services, training, community, information exchanges and admin resources couldn't be done better.
Incredibly happy with the functionality of Ultimate and excited for the direction they are going in. With custom built programs that work seamlessly throughout the platform, most organizations will not have a need for anything third party.
Like to use
Easy to use
Technical support not required
Quick to learn
Feel confident using
- Onboarding V10 - should be resolved with the upcoming release of V14
- Recruitment V10 - has been resolved with the release of V14, not all users are on the newest version though
Ultipro has great scalability overall. The core functionality of Ultipro allows for easy replication, while also providing room for customization that is often required during acquisitions/additions of new business units. The only drawback in scalability, is that by design, Ultipro requires knowledgeable end users and internal resources to execute. Although Ultipro provides immense support and service to its customers in all organizational phases, without the proper internal development, scalability could be hampered. At the same time, this is what I personally love about the product; the ability to work within a DIY environment during expansion while still having access to subject matter experts when needed.
Relationship with Ultimate Software
Ultimate Software was extremely flexible during the sales process and catered to our unique organizational needs. Their team produced the initial and revised contracts in a timely fashion, and answered all questions thoroughly throughout the process. Coordination between their internal sales and legal teams was also quite strong.