Overall Satisfaction with UltiPro
UltiPro is utilized throughout the company, for time management and HR solutions. Our field/operations use manager and self-service for HR administration and time and attendance. We as a company utilize performance management, perception, compensation management, manager and employee self-service, BI reporting to assist in analytics. Primary users are HR and payroll teams.
- UltiPro has many different modules to assist in completing all functions or HR. These allow us to be more efficient in our handling of all aspects of our HR responsibilities, such as using the compensation management module for increases.
- Integration between modules is helpful, for example the recruiting module feeding directly into onboarding, which then feeds into core. Allows for less manual data entry points.
- BI reporting is another strong area, the data that can be mined and manipulated makes it easier to make business decisions.
- I have had a very difficult time with the historical reporting or being able to capture historical snapshots of the company as a whole - or certain employees. It would be better if we could easily access snapshots of history, and if historical reporting was easier.
- UltiPros file feed builds out leaves a lot to be desired. We worked on the same file feed for 3 years and it is still not completely built out.
- Communication on help requests could be better as well, as a whole. There are some all-stars on the team that are very helpful and make you feel valued, but it can often be like pulling teeth to get an answer, the answer may initially not be correct once given.
- Consolidating HR administration under a single solution
We are still really trying to figure out how to get our company on board with all Ulti has to offer, but when we do, it will be a great one-stop-shop to assist in performing all aspects of the HR payroll function, with compliance and uniform application. It is much better than the paper forms we are coming from and allows for our team to quickly and efficiently get their HR needs met without having to rely on spreadsheets, forms, email and the like.
UltiPro has great functionality and is normally very responsive and quick to load. It has its issues at times but on the whole, it is a great program.
As mentioned, there are some true all-stars in support that really make you feel appreciated while they work with you. I find that with the more complicated questions or issues, it is much more difficult to get efficient and effective support. It takes too long, response times can be long, and sometimes you have to reach out multiple times before getting an answer.
I had a fantastic experience when trying to complete the PPACA reporting. The support agent walked me through not only how to use the product, but also helped me in a general way understand my obligations in reporting, understand the codes, etc. This was way out of the scope of what I expected, but much appreciated!
It can be a great solution in any HR function if you have the time to learn the program, and you have someone dedicated to troubleshooting. It is a lot to learn and manage when you have multiple other duties that require attention. I can't say when it wouldn't be appropriate, the modules that you can choose from don't all come together, so you can take what you need even if just a basic core package with e-files, or a solution for all HR/payroll functions.