Overall Satisfaction with Volusion
Volusion is being used by everyone who is client facing across multiple departments. We integrate with various e-commerce platforms and assist our clients in using that e-commerce data to inform their email marketing. Thus anyone who works with one of our clients who is using Volusion becomes a Volusion user. My experience branches the client success manager side of things as well as the engineering side.
- Friendly and informative user interface
- Easy access to aggregate data and exports
- Great for small businesses who need a few more tools than most basic e-commerce platforms offer
- API calls use the previous call as a reference, even if you weren't the one we made the previous call. Can lead to data gaps, so you often have to set a manual date range to look back to make sure you aren't missing any data.
- Not as customizable as most ecommerce platforms
- Not as many integration options as most platforms
- Volusion is an integral part of our client operations, without it several of our clients and users would not be generating the kind of retail sales they wanted.
- Most of our use of Volusion is in partnership with a client, so its affect on our ROI is that our integration with it can generate client revenue for us as well.
Again, we work with all of these platforms, not just Volusion. However, we do make recommendations for Volusion based on the size of client and the need for additional customization and tuning. For clients who lack major development resources in house to maintain a platform like Magento or Salesforce Commerce Cloud, but still want some of the additional customizations that aren't available in smaller platforms like Shopify and 3dcart, Volusion is a good, affordable option.
For a small business in need of a few more tools than basic platforms, Volusion is a good option. However, if you want infinitely customizable [tools] or to have multiple integrations extracting your orders and products data, then Volusion is quite limited. Additionally, if you lack in-house development teams, Volusion is a good product that is friendly for users who are not necessarily tech-savvy.