Overall Satisfaction with Webex Meetings
Hi, Webex Meetings is the ground-breaker as far as I am concerned. I've been using them to coordinate work as a consultant and programmer for over 2 years. I've found their product stable and viable in all areas of 'whiteboard' technologies. I am happy with their plans and will be upgrading soon as needed :)
- Allow for all to participate, regardless of issues that may arise. IE, if the voice is an issue, there are alternatives that are sure to work (like using a phone) or chat.
- Quality is always very good.
- All aspects of a white board are available.
- The name Cisco adds assurance to a person like me (IT).
- Automatically and more easily help switch folks to a voice sound system, when one fails. This is especially true for 'common users'. If this is an issue with me, someone with nearly 40 years of IT experience, it must be a nightmare for those with none. Especially when you *think* everything is set up the day of the meeting/work, and it's...not :(
- Easier API for devs like myself so we can faster achieve the ideas I've listed.
- More and better 3rd party integration of software (saas, apps, etc.).
- quite a bit.. I'd say approaching %100 of consulting meetings.
- In the future, should we continue to use Webex Meetings, I'd say over %100 ;)
We will continue to review other products occasionally as well as in house api's.. just to keep everyone honest ;)
Do you think Webex Meetings delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Webex Meetings's feature set?
Did Webex Meetings live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Webex Meetings go as expected?
Would you buy Webex Meetings again?
There are still areas where bandwidth is an issue.. and even in populated cities, simple things like lousy wifi or being 'too high' up in a building to receive good cellular. So, low bandwidth (data compression) is still a technology that should be emphasized and worked on/with.
We've not worked a lot in this particular area with our own products (in house), but plan on utilizing Webex API in the near future.
Webex Meetings Feature Ratings
Cisco Webex Experience
Using Webex Meetings
1 - Make sure there are backups in case one sys goes down when a meeting is schedule.
- To test the market on new products.
- Help us design in house modules
- Work and study with Cisco API's
Evaluating Webex Meetings and Competitors
Webex Meetings Implementation
Change management was minimal - How easy it is to use Webex and how we might incorporate our in house whiteboarding.
Webex Meetings Training
Configuring Webex Meetings
It seems just right.. but maybe needs more tweaking (or allow the user to tweak) certain module aspects.
No except keep up the good work.. remember the competitors are watching! ;)
Webex Meetings Support
We've always gotten support, even tho we've rarely required it. Your product is very stable and our staff has found it easy to either look up docs when necessary, or call on your help desk.
Problems get solved
Kept well informed
No escalation required
Immediate help available
Support cares about my success
Quick Initial Response
Need to explain problems multiple times
Using Webex Meetings
It is designed for the average person to utilize, with little or no IT help, usually.
Like to use
Easy to use
Technical support not required
Quick to learn
Feel confident using
- Listening to and watching the meetings.
- choosing how to display the different modules.
- changing the settings.
- Having options when a modules fails.
Integrating Webex Meetings
It would be a 10 except we have not fully started working at this level (api and such)..