Overall Satisfaction with Webexpenses
Before using webexpenses, the hassle each month to collate travel and other expenses was almost at a point of difficulty where I couldn't be bothered. Using webexpenses has made it so easy to keep track of my monthly expenses and keep a record of all the required receipts to make a claim. The whole process from adding a new expense to getting paid for them is so easy. Adding travel expenses is a piece of cake now with the intuitive mapping agent.
- Mileage expense management.
- Receipt repository so II don't have to retain slips of paper.
- Ease of access
- I find the mobile app really useful.
- The web app is really easy to use and can't fault the mapping software for mileage.
- Notifications for outstanding items is really good.
- Time saving when submitting expenses.
- Time saving from the approving side of things for management.
- Ease of access to application via web or app.
The application on both web and the app is so easy to use. There's nothing clunky about the interface and everything just flows from start to finish.
I've raised a support ticket once for a mapping issue where I kept having my claims marked as mileage changed. I had a response within minutes from a service desk and the problem was quickly addressed and resolved.
I process daily claims for mileage and work expenses so I'm never leaving anything out. Having the app on my mobile makes it really easy to keep track of what I've done and still have left to do.
I find webexpenses has everything I need from an expense management perspective. Being able to retain receipts rather than keeping paper copies makes things really easy.
Before I had to keep an Excel document for all expenses, which was very clunky.
Do you think Webexpenses delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Webexpenses's feature set?
Did Webexpenses live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Webexpenses go as expected?
Would you buy Webexpenses again?