Used by Finance and accounting to pay commissions to calculate and report commissions for sales associates.
- Secure reporting that is accessible by the sales team directly from anywhere.
- Consistent capture of information, calculation of payments and tracking of status
- Flexible in how calculations are performed.
- Out of the box reporting is not strong. Requires the additional purchase of analytic reporting tool to do any real analysis or to provide individual custom reporting.
- Acts like a full blown accounting system. Makes the system rigid in processing. Probably great for larger companies with well defined processes. For smaller companies with decision points in its plans, it is unforgiving. I would be nice to have a slimmed down version with flexible functions in the calculations and a stronger back in reporting/distribution to sales team.
- Difficult to make changes and do adjustments to prior periods.
- The only real return we have experienced is the secure accessibility by the sales team. The fact they can see their specific information and no one else.
- The difficulty in managing changes offsets most other benefits.
Excel is the only other product I have used. The security of Incent makes it worth it. The ability for sales team to access is the reason for using the tool. Excel cannot do those things effectively.
The sales guys are hooked. The ease of the seeing information will force the approval unless we can provide an equal alternative.
Do your plans have soft calculations. Does it have an integration point?