Zoom Review: "Sharing your screen, not your pain"https://www.trustradius.com/web-conferencingZoomUnspecified8.85611012018-06-15T17:51:30.888Z
Overall Satisfaction with Zoom
Zoom is being used by our business every single day. We use Zoom for group meetings since some of us work remotely. Zoom is also used when we introduce our application in demos to potential buyers. I personally use Zoom to help support clients on our app when they need simple guidance or if we need to walk through a complicated task or issue that's easier to view and communicate while looking at the issue together compared to sending back and forth emails which can take up valuable time.
- Zoom has a really nice user interface that I find simple to use.
- The connection to Zoom has been very stable in my experience.
- Zoom works really well on both Mac and PC. I've also heard it runs pretty well on Linux (I do not have any experience with the Linux version).
- I may not be seeing it in the app, but I would love if Zoom was able to provide details about what kind of device someone is using when I try to support them. Examples include what version of a browser someone is using, what OS they're running - anything that prevents me from having to ask the same questions over and over again.
- It's allowed a more personal touch and correspondence with clients. Putting a face behind a phone call or an email.
- Using screenshare helps clear up the communication so both parties are getting the right data so we can either supply what the client is looking for or assist with what's not working for them.
We selected Zoom mostly because of cost and reliability. We liked the features that Zoom provided, we thought it was the easiest interface for ourselves as well as first-time users who have ever used a screen sharing service to be comfortable with. We also liked how we can schedule meetings easily and send a simple link for a meeting invite that helps to start the meeting much faster instead of troubleshooting a call to getting everything started.
Zoom is well suited for presentations, technical support, demoing your product, or simply putting a face and meeting one on one with someone you may have gone back and forth with multiple emails or phone calls and building a stronger relationship with your clients. I know I get compliments about going "the extra mile" of jumping on a screen share compared to sending an email sometimes with a link that tells someone to read an article to solve a problem.
Zoom Feature Ratings
High quality audio
High quality video
Low bandwidth requirements
Integrates with social media
Record meetings / events
Participant roles & permissions
Confidential attendee list
The few times we've used them (and I mean FEW) Zoom's support team has been very knowledgeable and responsive. Sometimes the best support is when you need it the least. I mean that as respectable as possible to Zoom. I haven't had to use their support since their product has been consistently great, so kudos to everyone at Zoom!
Zoom Customer Support Pros and Cons
Problems get solved
Kept well informed
No escalation required
Immediate help available
Support understands my problem
Support cares about my success
Quick Initial Response
No - For the most part, we can figure things out. Besides, we don't really need to do anything too complicated with Zoom since we try to keep things as simple as possible. Email a scheduled link to meet with someone. Show up on time. Meet. Move forward. I just don't find it necessary for my use or our business to require premium support for something that works really well consistently out of the box. If it's not broken, don't fix it.
Exceptional Examples of Zoom Support
I cannot describe a time that Zoom provided me or my team with exceptional support for this product. But just because I haven't had a story doesn't mean that their exceptional support isn't there!