Overall Satisfaction with Zoom
Zoom has been an incredible tool which replaced Skype for Business in my organization. It's being used by the whole organization. Being a cloud video conferencing tool, it solved many problems that we were facing while using Skype for Business a few years back. Quicker in implementation and peace of mind for the IT team.
- Cloud Video conferencing solution avoids complex hardware appliances for hosting locally, hassle-free setup by IT team, less time to deploy.
- End to End encryption and less bandwidth consumption. HD video and voice features.
- Easy to use and does not need training for end users. All categories of people use it.
- Zoom conference rooms are great and easy to use.
- Very competitive pricing and has various price packages.
- Plugins for Mail clients, browsers, etc. are really great features.
- Joining by phone is greatest advantage.
- Recording the session and maintaining the recording over cloud is wonderful feature.
- Wonderful administrative console and controls offered.
- Administrators should be able to specifically able to enable recording feature for individual user. At present enabling recording feature enables for all users.
- Creating different groups in corporate and Security rules to restrict communication among the groups is not available.
- Large group meetings have some restrictions on mute/unmute voice and video after the meeting starts.
- Using Mac for Zoom rooms can be expensive for some of small companies.
- Some of the zoom room multiple screen setups reflect differently at times while the changes are made while conferencing is ON.
- AD integration and avoiding non corporate workers to communicating with corporate workers.
- Data sharing restrictions outside corporate.
- In short there are many Security controls absent.
- + Collaboration has never been better since we switched to zoom.
- + Cost control is significant.
- -- Security controls are a challenge which I have mentioned in Cons.
- + Almost Zero tickets related any assistance for Zoom with Helpdesk.
- Adobe Connect, Polycom RealPresence Group Series, BlueJeans and Skype for Business (formerly Lync)
Cost, collaboration, ease of use and setup, and no specific skill is needed to administrate.
It is well suited for large companies with many zoom rooms who have various domains within. For small companies and companies that have more security restrictions between groups, it's less appropriate. Example: If we have 2 conflicting customer accounts, then we cannot restrict users from communicating among them. Data classification and DLP tagging with industry tools are missing.