<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring#question3' target='_blank' rel='nofollow noopener noreferrer'>Customer Verified: Read more.</a>
<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring' target='_blank' rel='nofollow noopener noreferrer'>trScore algorithm: Learn more.</a>Score 7.7 out of 101
Based on 593 reviews and ratings
Likelihood to Recommend
We use Alpha Anywhere to develop large scale business applications. So far, we haven't found any real limitations. This is exemplified by my response to my customers who frequently ask, "Is it possible..." I always interrupt them before this sentence goes any further by telling them, "with our development platform, anything's possible" (then we have to discuss whether the time/cost is worth the added benefit of what they're requesting).
Microsoft Access is best suited as a front end to other databases as well as for small to medium databases where the user determines that they have gone beyond the design and function capabilities of Excel. Microsoft Access is less suited when there is a need for heavy database use and complex data queries. All in all, for the average Office user who needs a database program, Access is a solid choice.
- Mobile application development with true offline capability.
- Low-code, rapid app development and deployment environment for building native-quality, cross platform web and mobile business applications.
- Cross platform mobile apps created with HTML5.
- Back-end database support for pretty much all the most popular SQL backends as well as NoSQL and Rest APIs.
- One good aspect of Microsoft Access is how the software can be customized for different applications. This is very useful because we are able to use this software for multiple applications, which makes it cost-friendly.
- Another strong point of Microsoft Access is the skill required to customize, the amount of programming required is less than most other database programs. This is good for a beginner looking to get into database management.
- Microsoft Access is one of the more cost-friendly database applications, and most of the time it comes with Microsoft Office. Other database programs can be expensive and not as easy to use.
Engineer in EngineeringIndustrial Automation Company, 201-500 employees
- Whenever I'm asked to criticize Alpha Anywhere, my first comment refers to the documentation. For sure, they've made some improvements, this year, but I still wish it were better. Because I moved from another development package, I really had to start learning from scratch... I've been at it, for years, and I still feel like I have a way to go. The good news is that Alpha has a very active Message Board and there are lots of people who generously give their time to answer questions and help solve problems. There's no "tech support" line to call for help. Alpha DOES offer a paid "mentoring" service, which I used, several times. Unfortunately, my experience with the mentors wasn't as positive as I hoped it would be.
- Alpha needs to improve its "templates" to make them more modern for users. I've never had a complaint from users, but I'd like my applications to have a newer, flashier look.
- Well, it requires a lot more training or research than other more "intuitive" Microsoft products.
- The buildout of custom reports is highly complex, and I think that area, in particular, could be more intuitive.
- Queries can be difficult to develop if you don't know the right language or terminology, and I think that those terms could be better visible in the ribbon.
Likelihood to Renew
Microsoft Access 9.6
Based on 16 answers
I and the rest of my team will renew our Microsoft Access in the future because we use and maintain many different applications and databases created using Microsoft Access so we will need to maintain them in the future. Additionally, it is a standard at our place of work so it is at $0 cost to us to use. Another reason for renewing Microsoft Access is that we just don' t have the resources needed to extend into a network of users so we need to remain a single-desktop application at this time.
Microsoft Access 8.8
Based on 4 answers
Microsoft Access is easy to use. It is compatible with spreadsheets. It is a very good data management tool. There is scope to save a large amount of data in one place. For using this database, one does not need much training, can be shared among multiple users. This database has to sort and filtering features which seem to be very useful.
Analyst in MarketingOil & Energy Company, 51-200 employees
Microsoft Access 6.9
Based on 6 answers
Within my organization, support for MS Access is minimal. Although we have a license for the software, ITO is a very limited resource for supporting issues with using Access. Microsoft provides technical support and helps with using features but it is very limited. I do better using google to figure things out. In addition, I have not found any Advanced class that has truly helped with answering my technical questions. It truly has been trial and error and collaborating with other users who have found ways to get things done. Google is my friend.
Alpha Anywhere is a more robust, complete and lower cost solution for rapid desktop, web and mobile application cross platform development.
MS Access is the little brother to all these products. In no way is it as feature-rich as the competition I have selected. It is, however, great when used properly. It does not have the same level of security, availability, access, or recoverability as anything listed above. But, it is cheap and lightweight. If this is your first exposure to a relational database, MS Access is a great way to cut your teeth. I have been a DBA for 10 years now, and I learned all database fundamentals from first experimenting and using MS Access.
Employee in Information TechnologyFinancial Services Company, 1001-5000 employees
Return on Investment
- Alpha is our sole Development Platform. It has enabled us to contract for some pretty large jobs. AND, we are regularly told, by our customers, that our programs have helped them improve their organizations, workflows and profits.
- It has had a tremendous positive impact because the work in our department simply could not be done without this tool. Group policy, security settings, and other permissions simply do not allow us to pursue more involved programming solutions.
- It saves us literally days of work every month by the automation it provides, turning what used to be a very manual, very labor-intensive process into a streamlined, more accurate, more efficient way of doing the job.
- It allows us to help other users in our area who do not have a programming background, showing them how their lives can be made easier with a few lines of code in Microsoft Access, VBA, etc.
Consultant in Information TechnologyInformation Technology and Services Company, 51-200 employees
Inspection Solutions is a mobile business app designed for inspectors who need to inspect construction vehicles in the field, but showcases functionality relevant to many other field apps. The app includes the critical features now required in modern field services apps, such as offline capability, bar code scanning, voice annotation and digital ink. It is a native-quality hybrid app created using the Alpha Anywhere V4 rapid mobile application development and deployment platform.See All (6) Alpha Anywhere Screenshots
Premium Consulting/Integration Services
Entry-level set up fee?
Alpha Anywhere Editions & Modules
|Alpha Anywhere Business||$1,499/year|
|Alpha Anywhere Business Pro||$2,499/year|
|Alpha Anywhere Enterprise||Call Us +1 781.850.46002|
|Alpha TransForm (no-code component)||35/month|
- Volume Discounts
Additional Pricing DetailsQuestions? Call us: +1 781.229.4500
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?
Microsoft Access Editions & Modules