Likelihood to Recommend
Ideal for monitoring AWS services and workloads. We have several of our websites entirely hosted on AWS and we're able to get a Grafana dashboard of all the relevant metrics from CloudFront, S3, EC2, RDS, and Elastic Beanstalk. This can be set up within the hour or templated on your code for infrastructure (we do this with terraform & cloud formation). By design, it isn't suited for non-AWS workloads.
Professional in Finance and AccountingFinancial Services Company, 501-1000 employees
If the software functioned as it was intended, it would be probably a 7 out of 10. It lacks the majority of customization that SolarWinds N-central supplies, but also supports some customization that other solutions we have tried do not.Again, if the software didn't consistently break, the ability to implement automated scripting via PowerShell and the capacity to manage 10+ endpoints at once in different windows is great.
- Managing log retention periods is very simple with CloudWatch, and can be configured on a per-group basis.
- Monitoring host performance is very easy when coupled with the CloudWatch Agent on an EC2 instance. A simple installation and configuration replaces an entire 3rd-party host monitoring stack.
- CloudWatch is flexible enough for not just host monitoring, but application monitoring as well. It's easy to pipe local logs up to CloudWatch and extract structured data in order to monitor and set alerts on custom app metrics.
- Being able to see systems that are not within the local network allows us to be able to troubleshoot and work with the end users no matter where they are or where we are as it is cloud based.
- Several functions can be "automated" so staff do not have to keep going back and scanning for updates, push Windows updates and or push sensor updates.
- VSA offers a variety of system information about all of the assets that have the endpoints installed on them so we can easily see the system specs without having to actually connect to them and pull up the SysInfo on each unit.
- CloudWatch doesn't monitor things outside of the cloud, it's not what it is intended for.
- Billing is confusing as it bills on Dashboard, metrics called, custom metrics, etc. Hard to forecast the charge.
- Paradigm is confusing sometimes and difficult to learn.
C-Level Executive in Information TechnologyRetail Company, 1001-5000 employees
- Support - Like all other competitors support is OK but the product is robust enough to reduce support requirements.
- Customer Service - another team that is a bit poor especially when the issue involves multiple departments. Otherwise, the direct rep is very friendly and professional.
Likelihood to Renew
No answers yet
No answers on this topic
Kaseya VSA 10.0
Based on 1 answer
Excellent product with easy learning curve
Director in Information TechnologyHospital & Health Care Company, 11-50 employees
Amazon CloudWatch 7.0
Based on 2 answers
The tool collects a great deal of data, and data that's not available many other places. But the data is hidden in obscure places, and the logs are hard to read and follow. The user interface could use a heavy rework, and several companies have made a business out of scraping the data and presenting it better.
Professional in Information TechnologyHuman Resources Company, 51-200 employees
No answers yet
No answers on this topic
Amazon CloudWatch 7.6
Based on 16 answers
Support is effective, and we were able to get any problems that we couldn't get solved through community discussion forums solved for us by the AWS support team. For example, we were assisted in one instance where we were not sure about the best metrics to use in order to optimize an auto-scaling group on EC2. The support team was able to look at our metrics and give a useful recommendation on which metrics to use.
Kaseya VSA 7.9
Based on 15 answers
It was lots of back and forth email communication whenever I tried to solve my connection issues. I would send them detailed logs of the date, time, computer, and more of when I was experiencing connection issues. All I would get is an email back a few days later saying that they didn't find an issue in the service
Engineer in ManufacturingElectrical & Electronic Manufacturing Company, 51-200 employees
I can only speak to how it's positively benefited my organization. The problem was that hosting in-house servers is no longer a cost-effective solution vs. containerization in the cloud. But once you rely on hosting servers in the cloud you need a tool to manage every aspect of that including log monitoring, resource utilization, and application performance. Amazon CloudWatch is exactly the tool you need.
Employee in EngineeringInformation Services Company, 1001-5000 employees
There are other products that do some of what Kaseya does, but I've not personally worked with another product that does everything Kaseya does. Sure there are plenty of remote control products, but products that do as much as Kaseya are few and far between. Hard to go wrong with the sheer scope of functionality!
Return on Investment
- Scalability. Saving us cost when we can downgrade underperforming instances.
- Great monitoring and peace of mine without always having to check logs to any services failure.
- Support cost is high. It would be nicer if documentation would be easier to follow.
Engineer in EngineeringComputer Software Company, 51-200 employees
- ROI with Kaseya Virtual System Administrator (VSA) has been great since our and our customer's IT infrastructure reliability has greatly improved.
- Better utilization of IT resources.
- Enabled us to sell another service by enabling us to start an RMM division and generate additional revenue.
C-Level Executive in Information TechnologyMedia Production Company, 51-200 employees
Premium Consulting/Integration Services
Entry-level set up fee?
Amazon CloudWatch Editions & Modules
|First 10,000 Metrics||$0.301|
|Next 240,000 Metrics||$0.101|
|Next 750,000 Metrics||$0.051|
|Over 1,000,000 Metrics||$0.021|
- Per Metric
Additional Pricing DetailsWith Amazon CloudWatch, there is no up-front commitment or minimum fee; you simply pay for what you use. You will be charged at the end of the month for your usage.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?
Kaseya VSA Editions & Modules