Based on 951 reviews and ratings
Sage 100cloud and Sage Intacct are both accounting and ERP-focused platforms. Both are designed for midsize businesses, but they serve businesses with distinct needs.
Intacct is primarily focused as an accounting platform for businesses that are scaling up and require ERP features that will scale up with them. 100cloud is more of a middle point between ERP and accounting, and it emphasizes its support for process management across accounting, manufacturing, and distribution.
Both Sage 100cloud and Sage Intacct have features tailored to their specific use cases.
100cloud is more robust on the data management and process management side. In particular, its reporting and data visualization capabilities are a tier above Intacct. It also offers native CRM, budget, and planning modules that facilitate financial management across business units.
In contrast, Intacct is more specialized in its accounting features. It offers more automation and customization, which larger midsize businesses need to scale up their organizations from a financial and resource planning perspective. It’s an ideal product for businesses focused on building light ERP functions into an accounting-centric financial system.
Sage 100cloud and Sage Intacct also experience some limitations that are worth keeping in mind.
100cloud is less versatile outside of its target manufacturing and distribution-focused businesses. Businesses in industries like retail or service will not be able to make the best use of 100cloud’s feature set.
While Intacct is more versatile, its range of customizability has drawbacks. Specifically, it comes with a steeper learning curve. Intacct also has a more intensive implementation process since the out of the box capabilities in areas like reporting are more limited.
Sage 100cloud has 3 core pricing plans. The Essentials plan includes the core functionalities of the platform, such as accounting, business intelligence, CRM, Budgeting, and Planning. The Advanced plan adds on Purchase Orders, Sales Orders, Inventory Management, and some other quality of life improvements. The Complete plan adds on return merchandise authorizations, bills of materials, and Mobility for Barcodes. All of these packages are priced by quote from the vendor.
Sage Intacct’s pricing varies with each customer. Concrete pricing numbers are available by quote from the vendor.
Provided by the TrustRadius Research Team
Published on June 10, 2020
Likelihood to Recommend
Feature Rating Comparison
Benefit plan administration
Direct deposit files
Salary revision and increment management
API for custom integration
Single sign-on capability
Role-based user permissions
Fixed asset management
Electronic tax filing
Global Financial Support
Journals and Reconciliations
Centralized Rules Framework
Primary and Secondary Ledgers
Credit card processing
Cost of goods sold
End-to-end order visibility
Order exception Resolution
Automated Invoice Processing
Shared Services Payments
Customer Receipt Applications
Travel & Expense Management
Budgetary Control & Encumbrance Accounting
3rd Party Accounting Systems
Budgeting and Forecasting
Capital Project Management
Customer Contract Compliance
Project Revenue Recognition
Project Financial Performance Analysis
Project Financials Dashboard
Real-time Financial Reporting
Embedded Business Intelligence
Project Planning Collaboration
Project Planning and Scheduling
Project Manager Dashboard
Resource Manager Dashboard
Task Insight for Project Managers
Project Manager Mobile Functionality
Team Member Task Collaboration
Team Member Mobile Functionality
Project Candidate Search
Project Candidate Comparison and Analysis
Defineable Resource Pools
Defineable Resource Pools
Real-Time Project Reporting
Product Lifecycle Management
Award Lifecycle Management
Indirect Cost Management
Sourcing Team Collaboration
Bids Analyzed and Compared
Catalog Shopping E-Commerce for Employees
Contract Compliance Management
Contract Renewal Automation
Contract Standardization and Enforcement
Invoice Automated Matching
Purchasing Risk and Compliance Management
Requisitions-to-Purchase Orders Integrated
Spend Compliance Management
Supplier Communication and Collaboration
Control Efficiency Assessments
Automated Control Assessments
Remediation and Certification
Transportation Planning and Optimization
Transportation Sourcing Management
Transportation Process Integration
Transportation Execution Management
Freight Payment Automation
Trade Regulatory Compliance Management
Customs Entry Management
Customs Document Management
Customs Document Collaboration
Warehouse Workforce Management
Production Process Design
Supply Chain Business Flows
Contracted Manufacturing Management
Multi-tier Supply Chain Planning
Innovation Portfolio Management
Product Master Data Management
Project Portfolio Management
- Using Basecamp during implementation is a very strong attribute as several members of the Sage team assigned can address our issue.
- It is easy to process transactions
- The ability to create custom reports
- The availability of a sandbox to test the system.
- Simple to implement and use. Operation very intuitive so new employees are quickly trained.
- It is very flexible with many modules and many features allows for easy customization to suit particular needs of any department or company.
- Context sensitive help, training and support make it easy for a company to operate with out a lot of additional outside tech support.
- Scalable plenty of room to grow as the business grows without being bloated.
- Pricing is very reasonable.
- Although the reporting is great, it is far more sophisticated than what I was used to. Grasping the reporting can take a lot of time, but once I got it I got it.
- Implementation was stressful, but any conversion of a GL is. However, knowing what I do now, I would have set up some dimensions a little different than what I did.
- Some of the training videos and help center information on newer products within Intacct do not have enough detailed information to be helpful. Understanding the basics is easy, but diving deeper into the product there are not always enough training materials.
- It's painfully slow even for mid-sized businesses like ours without millions of transactions.
- It crashes very, very often and has numerous critical failures.
- Unfortunately, it's a local program so that excludes it from being used remotely. You have to be on site for it to work.
Likelihood to Renew
Reliability and Availability
Return on Investment
- We are able to perform allocations from our Central operations into our campuses on a monthly basis. This really helps us when it is time to analyze a campus to see if they are profitable from a direct expense versus allocation methodology.
- We have seen increased efficiencies for our team members processing orders and fulfillment as they are now integrated.
- We have cut paper/printing/mail expenses by 500% of what we previously spent.
- Our overall cash management has improved with the visibility from Bank Reconciliation and Financial Reporting.
Sage IntacctSee All (6) Sage Intacct Screenshots
Premium Consulting/Integration Services
Entry-level set up fee?
Sage Intacct Editions & Modules
Additional Pricing Details—
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?
Sage 100cloud Editions & Modules
|Sage 100 ERP Standard||1|
|Sage 100 ERP Advanced||1|
|Sage 100 ERP Premium||1|
- Per Seat per Month
|Sage 100 ERP Online||1|
- Per User per Month