<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring#question3' target='_blank' rel='nofollow noopener noreferrer'>Customer Verified: Read more.</a>
<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring' target='_blank' rel='nofollow noopener noreferrer'>trScore algorithm: Learn more.</a>Score 8.3 out of 100
Based on 1546 reviews and ratings
Likelihood to Recommend
Teamviewer is best suited for any team who can afford their commercial licensing costs and have a good enough bandwidth to support its connection for a seamless work experience. It could be a bit pocket heavy for small team sizes where budget is stringent and if budget is a problem, then one should look at other cheaper options
Feature Rating Comparison
Secure remote access with Smart Card authentication
Access to sleeping/powered-off computers
Over-the-Internet remote session
Initiate remote control from mobile
Remote management of servers & workstations
Remote Active Directory® management
Centralized management dashboard
Monitoring and Alerts
Multi-platform remote control
- Sharing a screen via TeamViewer is generally very responsive, even if the internet connection (on either the client or host side) isn't great. TeamViewer seems to use an adaptive compression algorithm, that will sacrifice some screen clarity for a more responsive and pleasurable experience.
- TeamViewer includes a built-in file sharing mechanism that allows for the easy and secure transfer of files from host to client (or vice versa).
- During the initial install of TeamViewer, you can set it up to "run-only." As in, it will not actually install itself on the computer but will allow for a one-time use remote session. This is ideal for a quick tech support session where the client doesn't want to, or can't, fully install TeamViewer.
- TeamViewer is a very secure platform, providing multiple layers of security. First, the only way to connect to a client is by knowing the client's machine id - a 9 or 10 digit randomly generated number created on install. In addition, for one-time connection, a randomly generated pin is created on each use. This pin can be set as a simple 4 digit pin, up to a 10 digit strong password including uppercase, lowercase, number and non-alphanumeric characters. In addition, TeamViewer is initially set NOT to open upon login - meaning the computer is not accessible until TeamViewer is manually opened on the client computer.
- TeamViewer can be used as both an on-demand screen sharing platform - wherein a client only opens TeamViewer when someone needs to get on remotely, and promptly closes it afterward - as well as an always-on screen sharing system. TeamViewer can be set to open automatically at login, and run in the background. A "personal password" can then be created for unattended access - this password can be as strong or as weak as you choose. One the password is set, you can connect to your computer remotely via TeamViewer at any time by knowing the machine ID and the personal password.
- Initial setup of TeamViewer is a fairly simple procedure, especially useful when talking a client on how to install it over the phone.
- While screen sharing is TeamViewer's bread and butter, it also includes a plethora of other features including file sharing as well as both video and audio sharing (great for remote tech support).
- With a TeamViewer account, multiple computers can be logged in via the account and easily accessible within an instance of TeamViewer.
- TeamViewer is truly cross-platform, with version for Mac, Windows and Linux, as well as for mobile OSs such as iOS and Android.
- A personal license is free.
- - A difficulty that we have experienced in the company and that has been detected with each stumble that has been had, is the fact that the different versions are not compatible with each other, so if some user accidentally updates his version (very normal fact ), compatibility problems are generated that have caused our support department to have to communicate with each user who is under that condition to ask him to delete the new version, and then reinstall the correct version.
- Although it really does not have to be a limitation, the software does not have the functionality to work through proxy servers, which could become a limiting factor of some relevance for those who want to take care of "their presence" when working in an open network.
Likelihood to Renew
Based on 40 answers
As long as I continue to provide remote support for my clients, it's a no brainier. For what I pay out, I probably make it back tenfold in the ability to provide remote support from wherever and whenever. Not to mention the saved gas money for a fix that only takes 5 minutes but it takes you 20 minutes to get there. As my business continues to grow, and I support more and more clients, my need for TeamViewer will only grow.
Based on 17 answers
TeamViewer is a system that is very easy to understand and grasp the concept of which is a very nice thing because users that don't have much technology and computer background can use the system easily. While being easy to understand for the average user, it doesn't lose the functionality and features that IT people love to see with software that makes it easier for us to do our jobs.
Reliability and Availability
Based on 2 answers
Based on 2 answers
Based on 26 answers
As I said earlier, TeamViewer is safe, has a lightweight, beautiful, and easy-to-use graphical user interface for all our employees. Remote access is easy to do and always solves any open problem in so-called technicians. A grade of 10 is for all of that. It is a tool that we recommend for anyone who wants to use something reliable and functional.
Based on 2 answers
I have never used the online training either. I have watched a few informational videos that were helpful when learning how to do a specific procedure within TeamViewer and get the most out of the software by utilizing one of the many features that are available with the software. Again, 5 if for neutral.
Based on 6 answers
TeamViewer was the best option for remote control and with the ability for participants to point on the screen during presentations. It was the fastest/smoothest experience for remote control, and allowed logging into the computer before logging in after a reboot. It was also the only one with a concurrent user licensing model, which was a huge selling point.
Based on 2 answers
Return on Investment
- TeamViewer has saved my company a great deal of time, my team members and I are able to deploy our solutions to our overseas customers without having to travel there.
- TeamViewer has also saved my company good amount of finances, other PC sharing software are mostly premium and require payment to take advantage of all the features, TeamViewer is free yet has excellent service delivery.
- TeamViewer has generally improved our organization's relationship with our clients.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?