Overall Satisfaction with TeamViewer
We use TeamViewer for our management team so that they can remote directly onto their own desktop computers in their offices and work on their files as if they were sitting at their desktops, and they can be anywhere in the world. They can even print to a printer local to their current location. This enables our managers to stay caught up on all work and work as effectively from home as they do when they are here in the office, and probably in some cases, even more effectively!
- TeamViewer lets our management team work on the same computers as they the use when they are in the office, but from anywhere in the world and they can connect to all our in house servers when they are using teamviewer, so no more excuses or snow days and no more lost productivity.
- TeamViewer is great because it has a feature that allows users to connection to their work computers from a remote location, but also printer to a printer in that remote locations, so its like they are right there in the office.
- TeamViewer allows our users with multiple monitors in the office to connect to their computers in the office remotely and even see what is open on each of their monitors with an easy one click button to switch between their two in office monitors, making it one of the few remote access programs to work nicely with multi monitor setups.
- TeamViewer could be better by allowing a remote user with 2 monitors to show both monitors from a 2 monitor remote computer at the same time. Right now you have to show one of your remote monitors at a time when you are remoted into a multi monitor remote machine.
- TeamViewer could be improved if it allowed you to customize the quick click buttons at the top toolbar, so you could put your most used buttons where you want them.
- Teamviewer could be better if they installed the remote printing option by default because it is something i use everytime i install teamviewer but it is not selected by default so i have to do an advanced install and enable that feature everytime i install it.
- TeamViewer has had a positive impact on our loss of productivity due to snow days because now our users can work from home on snow days and not lose a day of work and fall behind.
- Teamviewer has proven very useful in connecting to our servers to manage them remotely from a mobile phone when a computer is not available, helping our IT support team fix problems faster even when a computer isn't handy and they are at a remote location, thus increasing our productivity.
- TeamViewer's only negative impact is that is can create a blurring of the line between home life and work life because you are always just a few clicks away from being able to connect to the office and catch up on things.
Teamviewer is the easiest solution when needing to talk a user through helping an IT professional get remote access to their computers. Most other programs have many more steps and complicated passwords that need to be shared before you can log in and help someone remotely. Teamviewer gives users an easy and quick install process and then provides them with clear ID number and passcode to share with a remote support professional to help them get connected quickly and help out.
Do you think TeamViewer delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with TeamViewer's feature set?
Did TeamViewer live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of TeamViewer go as expected?
Would you buy TeamViewer again?
Teamviewer being available on any device, including phones and tablets has made implementation and support very easy for us. Now you can carry around a support device in your pocket and not have to be worried about being far away from a computer for too long, since you can give support right from your phone with a cellular connection!
We have taken advantage of the added security features offered by Teamviewer by enabling two factor authentication to make sure there is no unauthorized access to our computers and only certified support personal are accessing computers remotely. In this day and age where hackers are constantly trying to trick users into giving them remote access to their systems, it is important to add in these extra security features.
Teamviewer is great for helping people remote directly into a specific computer in the office where they have special access or files and the user needs those special permissions from a remote location. Teamviewer is also great when you need to connect to a remote computer but still print things to a local printer. Teamviewer is not great if you need multiple people to share a connection to a computer because only one computer can be logged into the remote computer at a time and if someone else logs into that computer, the first user gets kicked out.
TeamViewer Feature Ratings
TeamViewer Security and Support
We did purchase the premium support for teamviewer during the first year of service with teamviewer and it was useful in getting everything setup and running properly, but after the first year, everything ran smoothly and we canceled our premium support, since we found ourselves never using it again after the first few months of having it.
There is no question within this section, so i am just typing in anything to fulfill the requirement of typing in 50 words within this section. If these section gets corrected, i will come back later and put a proper answer in its place. Hope that is good enough!
3 - The CEO users teamviewer because he prefers it to logmein. also the IT department users teamviewer to support the CEO and other work from home workers who use their home computers. Most other people at the organization prefer logmein to teamviewer but most of them were first introduced to logmein first and so its probably just a matter of it being something they are now comfortable with.
2 - The office manager sometimes needs to share the CEO's screen so she has to access the CEO's screen sometimes and has no issues doing it. also the IT department uses teamviewer to support the CEO's computer and also uses it to remote into work from home workers who are using their home computers and laptops.
- Giving remote access to computers in the building when a user is away
- Allowing IT to jump into a computer and offer support to a user when they are at a different location
- Supporting work from home workers who are using their home computers.
- We have used teamviewer as a meeting platform for 1 on 1 meetings where you want to share your screen quickly with someone.
- We have been able to use teamviewer to get remote support from 3rd party software companies to show them problems we are having with their software.
- We have used teamviewer to quickly jump into a computer accidently left at the office to email ourselves a copy of a file we need that was on that computer.
- teamviewer might be useful in allowing remote workers to remote into the main office and access the file server there, without needing to VPN in.
- It may be useful to do quick 1 on 1 meetings where you share your screen with someone.
- Teamviewer might be useful in remotely supporting clients who log in from an outside computer.
Evaluating TeamViewer and Competitors
Yes - Teamviewer replaced logmein at my organization for the CEO's computer because Logmein kept crashing on his computer and was no usable and teamviewer worked with no problems. Most everyone else uses logmein still but if anyone else had the same problems as the CEO, i am sure he would recommend we switch them over to Teamviewer as well.
- Product Features
- Product Usability
- Prior Experience with the Product
Product reliability was the most important feature for us, because logmein was no a reliable product on the CEO's computer and he needed something he could depend on. Ever since he has switched to Teamviewer, the CEO has had no issues and thinks its a much better offering when compared to Logmein.
Originally we went with logmein for remote access solutions to employees computers, because of the feature set and reasonable price, but over the last 5 years now, logmein has eliminated their free solution and has raised their prices higher and higher each year, so if i had to do it over again, i would have gone with another product like teamviewer and let the users get more comfortable with that product instead.
the few times i have had to contact teamviewer support, they were very responsive and give me quick answers and seemed to understand my problems quickly and easily. I did not have to sit on the phone for hours on hold or get passed around to multiple phone support techs before finding a solution to my issues, so i would rate their support very highly.
Problems get solved
Kept well informed
No escalation required
Immediate help available
Support understands my problem
Support cares about my success
Quick Initial Response
Yes we did purchase teamviewer premium support for the first year we had it installed, and we called them a few times, but after the first year, things ran so smoothly and error-free that we did not continue our premium support subscription anymore. Its useful to have when you are first getting setup with teamviewer but once you are up and running the way you like, you don't need to change much.
When we were first getting setup, we were having trouble getting two factor authentication setup, so we called the support line and they were able to get us up and running within 10 minutes. Some of it was user error and some was confusing wording on the teamviewer program but we were able to figure it out and get fixed up quickly.
Teamviewer is a very full featured program that allows for remote access to any system, in any configuration. Even setups with multiple monitors, it is able to connect to and gives you the option to view either monitor. the options are very robust and well thought out. Even the quick access options they offer seem well thought out.
Like to use
Easy to use
Technical support not required
Quick to learn
Feel confident using
- switching between multiple monitors is very easy and convenient to do.
- remote printing is also well implemented in this remote access solution.
- locking and unlocking a remote computer is also very easy to do.
- If you have an older printer or off brand printer it can be hard to get it working with remote print
- if you have more than 2 monitors i can be confusing to switch between all the screens
- If you need to press special function keys on your keyboard on the remote system, they do not always get sent to the remote system properly.
Yes - The mobile interface is well designed and works well. Even on smaller phones, they offer the ability to zoom easily and only show parts of the screen at a time, and then scroll to other parts as well. Both the android and the ios apps work pretty much identically so its easy to train people who have either device too.