LinkedIn Sales Navigator for Gmail

LinkedIn Sales Navigator for Gmail

LinkedIn Sales Navigator for Gmail (formerly Rapportive)

A good way to help yourself

March 09, 2022

Excellent

March 02, 2022

Indispensible, but at a price

March 01, 2022

August 03, 2019

Reviewer Sentiment

Positive ()
Negative ()
Learn how we calculate reviewer sentiment

TrustRadius Award Top Rated 2018

Company/business profiles (21)

Company information (23)

Contact information (22)

Industry information (22)

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of LinkedIn Sales Navigator for Gmail, and make your voice heard!

What is LinkedIn Sales Navigator for Gmail?

LinkedIn Sales Navigator for Gmail (formerly Rapportive) is a free Chrome Extension that shows an email recipient's LinkedIn details within the user's Gmail inbox, and allows users to jump to the contact's LinkedIn profile. Rapportive was acquired by LinkedIn in 2012. In November 2017,…

2 people want pricing too

What is Crunchbase?

Crunchbase is a provider of private-company prospecting and research solutions. The vendor boasts that over 60 million users—including salespeople, entrepreneurs, investors, and market researchers—use Crunchbase to prospect for new business opportunities, and that companies all over the world rely…

What is Lusha Extension?

Lusha, headquartered in New York, supplies sales, marketing, and recruiting professionals with additional profile data for leads and job candidates. The data is available as a browser or Salesforce plugin, via an API, or through Lusha's Zapier integration.

Prospecting

Sales Intelligence Data Standards

Data Augmentation & Lead Qualification

Sales Intelligence Email Features

What is LinkedIn Sales Navigator for Gmail?

Rapportive was acquired by LinkedIn in 2012. In November 2017, LinkedIn released a new version of Rapportive called Sales Navigator Lite for Gmail, which makes some features of LinkedIn Sales Navigator accessible from within user's email inbox. A subscription to LinkedIn Sales Navigator unlocks premium features in the Chrome extension for Gmail.

LinkedIn Sales Navigator for Gmail Integrations

LinkedIn Sales Navigator for Gmail Technical Details

How much does LinkedIn Sales Navigator for Gmail cost?

LinkedIn Sales Navigator for Gmail starts at $0.

What is LinkedIn Sales Navigator for Gmail's best feature?

Reviewers rate Load time/data access highest, with a score of 9.4.

Who uses LinkedIn Sales Navigator for Gmail?

The most common users of LinkedIn Sales Navigator for Gmail are from Mid-sized Companies (51-1,000 employees) and the Computer Software industry.

We have been using LinkedIn Sales Navigator for a few months now and are already starting to see the results. We are finding new leads and business opportunities on a daily basis. We have been able to create more awareness of our company and products through the use of LinkedIn Sales Navigator. We are also able to help convert leads into sales. I would recommend this product to anyone wanting to increase their business.
  • Sales funnel.
  • Reports
  • Connections
  • Follow potential leads.
  • Flexibility little missing.
  • Should integrate others tools too.
The Sales Navigator has allowed us to increase our awareness of our potential lead pool and has allowed us to grow our customer base. The system is easy to use and allows us to have great control over the number of leads we can see and the number of leads that we can connect to. Using the system has also helped us in being able to manage the number of leads that we can send.
Its' very useful when we are hiring and looking for a new profile. It add rich information as telephone number , web site (if present), name, if are present any photoes, and very useful, where is actually working. Another very useful item is the possibility to take a look to the social account. You can find Twitter accounts, linkedln account , email
  • focus on the user attribute
  • Possibility to save information as lead
  • Possibility to have a direct link with this user
  • Enrich user attribute
  • Possibility to have a direct chat with the user
  • Reintroduce sales navigator lite
It's very useful when you need to approach people you are trying to hiring. It's very very useful when you are starting a new deal with a new partner and need a huge quantity of information you can extract from Linkedn without offende anyone. Maybe it can act as a "peeping tom" if you are not abe to manage it
LinkedIn Sales Navigator allows us to mine critical connections between the prospects we are chasing for new business development and the connections and trusted relationships we have already established. In addition, Sales Navigator also provides market intel on both developments within specific companies as well as within the industries we concentrate on themselves. It allows us to reach out to our contacts more frequently and at the right time due to new developments, increasing the chances of our positive close rate.
  • Connecting us with the right people and the brands they have represented
  • Showing growth or reductions in a specific brand or company
  • Helping to understand when the right time is to reach out about a new product or service
  • Contact information is often not robust enough or is incorrect or outdated
  • The product is reliant on LinkedIn users to accurately, correctly and timely update their own data
  • Integration with CRMs like Salesforce is challenging at times
This product allows seamless integration between Gmail and LinkedIn Sales Navigator and imports data directly into our sales intel system. It is valuable to help map relationships and create timely sales pushes for key accounts. It would be valuable to have more robust integration with CRM systems like Salesforce and more reliable and robust contact information as well.
Maggie Malone | TrustRadius Reviewer
I utilize this to identify people and companies that align with our Vision/Mission/Values at Wildsparq. I leverage this to find like-minded people who want to engage in leadership development and want to build their bench of people. This is a great tool to use to find the right people to talk to when you are looking to make a sale. It's all about finding the right people!
  • Usability is EASY.
  • Detailed-- actual details of prospects/companies.
  • Easy platform for us to quickly communicate with prospects through chat/ and connecting.
  • Sometimes can be overwhelming with all the options and functionality.
  • May need some training on how to leverage everything you can in the platform.
Well suited when looking for potential clients in industries you are targetting. Very simple to find contact information with other vital information to make a sales email. Less appropriate to manage the full relationship/lifecycle of the sale in Sales Navigator. Want something more robust for this outside of this platform.
March 02, 2022

Excellent

My organization is focused on lead findings. LinkedIn Sales Navigator for Gmail makes sorting, finding and categorizing leads easier and time manageable. Since we have tons of contacts that are up for sortation every day; the demand of manpower and fast production is a must. Thus, we are using this software it makes our work easy and without hassle.
  • Manageable.
  • Smooth interface.
  • User-friendly.
  • Organized contacts and leads accordingly.
  • Color scheme and theme.
In general, LinkedIn Sales Navigator for Gmail could be use even in simple tasks and not just for sorting or easy access of contacts. It is versatile hence it fits in any field or work. Not to mention that it is easy to use and it will export the file easily.
Sales Navigator for Gmail allows me to view vast quantities of LinkedIn profile data from contacts and potential contacts which all occur in my inbox. It means I do not need to find this data from elsewhere, it is all conveniently in one singular space. To reach out to prospective individuals, I simply use the data and information I have gained from this service.
  • Provides data.
  • Easy to access, hassle free.
  • Navigation is tremendously easy.
  • Choose how frequently I receive this data.
Very well suited to collect data about contacts and potential contacts via using their data provided from LinkedIn. The fact that it goes straight to your email is ideal as I do not need to use a third-party source or extra software to view this information. This means I can save time and easily come back and check this information if need be. Does its job very well.
Brendan Chingomanje | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use LinkedIn Sales Navigator to search for leads. We first build buyer personas and then use LinkedIn Sales navigator to filter our search to the buyer personas we need. After doing a search on LinkedIn Sales Navigator, you can easily save the search and receive notifications every time someone in your search changes a job, posted, or liked anything on LinkedIn. You can also save the leads in Lead Lists and in Accounts.
  • Filtered Lead search
  • Trigger events notifications (when someone in your saved search does something on LinkedIn)
  • Lead storage
  • Integration with other tools
  • Messaging
  • Integration with other tools
  • Provide contact details for leads
  • Pricing
LinkedIn Sales Navigator is great for organizations doing Sales Work or providing Sales Development Rep services. It's suitable for them because they can easily do a filtered search on their leads based on their buyer personas, store those leads in lead lists, account lists and receive notifications whenever there is a trigger event. This will help the salespeople know when to approach certain individuals based on the trigger event. LinkedIn Sales Navigator can improve the effectiveness of Salespeople and Development Reps.
LinkedIn Sales Navigator for Gmail is mainly used to make prospecting more efficient and sales agents more productive. We used to have a set of target consumers to approach based on targeting there and the email integration eased it into the email realm, resulting in ever-faster reach-outs and follow-ups. It's a great tool to use if you are out chasing targeted leads for sales and marketing.
  • Lead management
  • Information management of leads
  • Integration with LinkedIn sales nav
  • Suggestive lead providence
  • A bit more detail on the previous interactions with the leads
  • A bit of business insight into the companies being approached
  • News about trending business topics pertinent to the targeted company
If you are aiming for an add-on to the LinkedIn Sales Navigator platform, then it's a great tool to act as an extension to the already robust tool that is Linkedin Sales Navigator. Lead generation and lead tracking are very good options here and ease the process of emailing the leads. If you would like detailed lead generation, then this is not the tool for you. Use LinkedIn Sales Navigator instead.
Terry Melnik | TrustRadius Reviewer
LinkedIn Sales Navigator for Gmail gives us x-ray vision. The ability to find people in our extended networks and have it fully integrated into our campaigns and accessed directly in our email is invaluable. I'm now able to identify people I know and knowledge of my target when I reach out, and then save the lead directly into LinkedIn Sales Navigator for Gmail without leaving my email.
  • Able to view rich LinkedIn profile data for your prospects directly in Gmail
  • Leverage prospect data the moment you reach out
  • Automatically save leads to LinkedIn Sales Navigator for Gmail without leaving your email
  • Ability to trace where contacts came from so I can recall where introductions were made
  • Missing pre-built introduction capability so I don't need to manually navigate my network
General lead gen and prospecting, especially in modern industries. Not everyone has a LinkedIn profile...surprisingly.
Arcoma L. Briceño | TrustRadius Reviewer
LinkedIn has innovated in many ways in recent years. We use the Sales Navigator for our Team. We are able to use this Customer Relationship Manager to organize our leads, especially from vendors whom we have an affiliated relationship with. We can tag the contact and the referral so that we can track if we are properly monetizing the relationship and having appropriate followup.
  • Tracking leads.
  • Attach to our CRM and create a sales funnel.
  • Get intel on who is looking at our profile, potential leads.
  • Per lead InMail price is steep.
  • Clunky integration with Pipeline Management.
  • Doesn't integrate with Kv Core.
Super functional, best for Android users, since the interface is best suited to that style. You might have to do a manual match between your Sales Navigator and your CRM. I am sure they will make more integrations for real estate as time goes on since we are a large player in the business to client followup arena.
December 05, 2019

Sales Nav for Prospecting

Samantha Juett | TrustRadius Reviewer
It's being used mainly by sales development reps. It makes it easier to connect with new prospects and send them messages.
  • See profiles of prospects to ensure that you are reaching out to the right person at the right company.
  • Find additional contacts at the same company.
  • Browse recent things the prospect has done to reference.
  • N/A
Sales Navigator is great for prospecting.
November 20, 2019

Great for Prospecting!

Alexa Terry | TrustRadius Reviewer
It is mostly being used by the sales team (I do believe we're the only ones with a license for it). We use it to search for leads or prospects. It integrates nicely with some other prospecting tools we use, as well as our CRM Salesforce. It solves the issues of us being able to easily find leads based on criteria we can choose from to narrow down our searches.
  • Has many filter capabilities for me to find exactly who I am looking for.
  • Integrates with other prospecting tools to create a well rounded with the information it can collect.
  • Integrates with SFDC- automatically uploads them as leads.
  • Integrates with Salesloft for me to easily start the cadence.
  • Does not always find the lead and sometimes a regular search does (rarely happens!).
Prospecting for me mostly! I love using it to find leads or contacts from companies who I am interested in reaching out to. It also lets you save leads, companies, etc. for you to follow them and will email you news on the individual or the company, which then helps with my outreach as well!
It is a great way to navigate through LinkedIn to find prospective prospects, it makes our sales team way more productive.
  • Saves Us Time
  • Gives Us More Productivity
  • Gain More Sales
  • The search engine is not very good.
Well Suited:
Sales teams looking to use LinkedIn to find prospective clients and wanting to reach a lot of people quickly.
I handled Lead generation, Research and Business Development for more than a year. That time, I used Rapportive every day. Rapportive is very useful to a researcher like me. It makes our work faster and easier. It is a plug in extensions that you add on your browser. It will give you the insight of any form of email address when you hover the email address on your email. It can also display the Linkedin profile of an email address on the right side of your browser.
  • Lead's LinkedIn information.
  • Provides detail of a history in Social media activities.
  • Gives fast result using email address.
  • Sometimes it displays a different profile.
  • There are times that it crashes.
  • List of profile suggestions
I used Rapportive for several times and I really find it very helpful. You can definitely use this as a Research tool. This would be very helpful for Researchers. It will help you with your time management and it will reduce human pains. It is very user-friendly. You don't need to be a tech savvy for you to understand it's features.
August 03, 2019

I love Rapportive!

Rapportive is a great tool to find out more about a potential customer before making initial contact. Understanding your customers and their needs before the start of the conversations is a powerful tool. For a sales agent, I cannot recommend them enough
  • Lead research.
  • Understanding potential customers.
  • Research.
  • Usability.
It is very appropriate for understanding a lead before making contact. You can find out there like/dislikes, industry, interests and so much more!
A lot of my prospecting is done through LinkedIn (and Zoom). Having tools like Rapportive and nav turned on on LinkedIn allow for maximized efficiency. I use Rapportive to understand contacts before engaging allowing the ability to build...rapport, no pun intended, before ever speaking to them. This also provides me valuable geo data.
  • Information is displayed with no work
  • Geo data is beneficial for market segmentation
  • Works seamlessly with LinkedIn
  • More data is always better
  • API with general email (like Crystal)
  • Auto email generation
The primary time I find Rapportive to be invaluable is with the first, initial engagement with a prospect. They seem to react mush more favourably when I include information that Rapportive provides to me. This also takes the guesswork work out of email crafting which allows me to focus more time on other activities.
June 01, 2019

Good analytic tool

Karim Mahroug | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use this tool in my department and not in the whole organization. It solves the different issues we use to have like getting more contacts on social media and knowing what they are interested in and the needs of people we are trying to reach.
  • Increase contact on social media
  • Understand needs and interest
  • It is heavy with a lot of functionality and a lot of information.
We often have the issue where we run out of contact and this tool is particularly good to increase the number of contacts we try to reach. Also, you can get positive feedback and results very quickly.
November 28, 2018

Very useful tool!

Alejandro A. Cabral | TrustRadius Reviewer
All of my Inside Sales teams used Rapportive. It was our go-to tool, or rather, one of the best sales companions we had. We used it across the board for more than 4 years and it helped my team become way more productive and keep their leads on sight. The big difference with a CRM being that with Rapportive all you needed was to open your email to have that quick view on who the person you were talking to / exchanging emails with was.
  • Really fast
  • Provides contact info at a glance
  • Lets you take notes!
  • Would be great to have a quick usage console / dashboard accesible right in the same window
  • Would love to see the add-on going beyond gmail. What about email clients?
  • Integration with more apps
[Rapportive is well suited] For any and all business that are gmail-based, for one.
Eric Quanstrom | TrustRadius Reviewer
Rapportive-- now LI Sales Navigator-- can be an invaluable tool for knowing exactly who is writing you in your inbox, every day. I've been using Rapportive since it wasn't owned by LinkedIn and this process of understanding who someone is, how we're connected, and their social identity is huge. I actually feel like I'm flying blind when I don't have this side-pane loading.
  • Pulls LinkedIn profiles automatically.
  • Gives me immediate insight to who the person writing me is, their title, company, and how or if we are connected-- plus shared connections.
  • If that person is NOT connected to Rapportive/LinkedIn, I also see this and it's a signal of their digital ghost status.
  • Lots of bugs. Seems like I have to uninstall, reinstall at least 1x per month.
  • Little forward development... Rapportive actually had MORE functionality back in 2013.
  • Lack of platform expansion. Chrome only is limiting.
So much promise and utility... So little software optimization. Rapportive occupies a weird space in the landscape. It's free, which is great. But it's free, which means LinkedIn doesn't really care about it as an offering. It suffers from lack of development-- frequent bugs, crashes, limited features, and little expansion into platforms that would be useful (Firefox!?!?).

I'd gladly pay for a reliable, working, stable version of Rapportive.
Sam Dahl | TrustRadius Reviewer
I added the Rapportive extension 2 and 1/2 years ago. It's been nice to have. It helps me put a face to a name. When the LinkedIn profile pops up on the side it's nice to have the extra confirmation that I have the right email address.
  • It's very smooth. When I hover over an email address, the page pops up immediately. It quickly changes between profiles as I hover over different email addresses.
  • Sometimes it tells me I need to log into my LinkedIn profile when I've already logged in. It's weird. It seems to be when the email address is not found. Instead of just saying the email is not found, it tells me I need to log in. Just something I've noticed.
  • Sometimes I get this weird thing where I go to compose an email and instead of having it open all the way to the right, it opens all the way to my left. I'm pretty sure Rapportive is what's causing it. It doesn't happen very often but sometimes I see that.
I'm in sales and am constantly emailing people. Usually, people, I don't know. It's really great for that. I can put a face with a name and it reminds me of their LinkedIn profile that I can go check out. It's probably not as helpful for less professional settings but never hurts.
I took it upon myself to use Rapportive, it is not something that my firm suggested, but I find that it is great to be able to see information from a potential client's LinkedIn profile right within my email inbox, and I'm glad that I found it. Even just seeing a picture of a potential client, who I sometimes won't meet in person for weeks or months after beginning to talk, is a great way to put a face to a name.
  • Finds a picture for your contact
  • Provides concise, helpful info about the contact
  • Looking up and linking contacts with multiple email addresses
It is great for sales prospecting and gathering leads, but I would not rely on it for any sort of deeper research into a client or referral source. It is great at what it does, providing a quick overview, a few highlights and a photo, but does not (and does not intend to) provide a full background check.
Anna Norregaard | TrustRadius Reviewer
Rapportive is being used on an individual basis across the sales team with free accounts to integrate linkedin profiles with emails you are viewing. I find it extremely helpful to see that snippet of information as I am responding to emails and to be able to click into profiles on the fly.
  • integrate linkedin profile with inbox
  • click into linkedin from inbox
  • view recent activity on social - twitter, facebook, linkedin
  • sometimes the extension breaks
  • sometimes incorrect profiles pull in
Rapportive is well-suited for B2B selling and also for social selling. It is less valuable when you do not have a concept of a lead, however I overall like having as much context as possible on the email conversations that I am having and who I am having them with.
September 15, 2017

Rapportive Review

I may be the only member of my team to utilize Rapportive but I use it to quickly connect the face and the name of my email recipients directly in my email client. For example, when I email John Doe I'm able to see John's LinkedIn profile and photo in the upper right corner of my email.
  • Rapportive allows me to put a face to an email address, which adds a human element to the generic email communication.
  • The main benefit on Rapportive is that I can see the LinkedIn profile of the person I'm connecting with through email directly in my email client and connect with them If I'd like.
  • Many people don't associate their work email with their LinkedIn profile (may use a personal email address) so it doesn't always provide much value.
There's really no reason to not use Rapportive. It's free, easy to install, and shows you the LinkedIn profile and photo of the people you're exchanging emails with.

It doesn't work as well if the people you email with don't use the particular email address for LinkedIn.
Michael D. Bower | TrustRadius Reviewer
Rapportive is used by individual users in my organization. I mainly appreciate how it pulls in LinkedIn profile details.
  • Rapportive reminds you whether a contact is a first, second, or third-degree LinkedIn connection. This is helpful for deciding how familiar to be when emailing someone.
  • As long as you're emailing a LinkedIn connection, Rapportive pulls in a large headshot from LinkedIn connection, even if you haven't emailed the contact before.
  • Clicking on a particular message in a threaded conversation will show the Rapportive details for the sender of that message. Helpful for remembering who is who, especially in complicated threads where you may not be closely acquainted with all parties.
  • Rapportive could show recent tweets or Facebook posts. This would provide a better picture of how this person communicates and what they're interested in.
  • Pulling in content from profile websites like about.me would be really nice.
Rapportive takes up the right side of the window, so it wouldn't be optimal in cases where the full screen was required.
Lisa Carnes | TrustRadius Reviewer
Rapportive helped my team find accurate information for our leads.
  • It is accurate
  • It is fast
  • It is reliable
  • There is nothing I would improve
If you have a lead inbound with little information given, Rapportive will match that info across the web to help you build a solid pipeline.