Overall Satisfaction with Brightpearl
I implemented it myself. Careful preparation is required to load initial products and set up the accounting but support is good, documentation is thorough and the system itself is intuitive. It can be implemented in phases i.e. get the basic framework set up first, load the products, integrate with Magento etc., and then start to use additional functionality at a later stage.
Support on crucial matters has been exemplary. Support on less important issues has been very good also. Very occasionally something complex (but not too important) takes a while to be resolved and on one occasion we had an issue when barcode printing for labeling stock stopped working after a version upgrade. A temporary work around was found quickly.
We use Brightpearl across most areas of our business. It is the Point of Sale system for our shops, our accounting system, our stock control system for shops and e-commerce and our customer management and service platform. Its primary value is in managing stock across our shops and our web sites - so that both channels can share access to the same inventory. We will be adding Amazon and Ebay channels in the future and it integrates with them. We already integrate it with Magento which we use as our web platform and with MailChimp which we use to send customer emails. All financial transactions are recorded in Brightpearl and it provides the information we need to manage cash flow. All customer communication is recorded in Brightpearl.
- Stock control - managing inventory across multiple channels so that items are not sold more than once.
- Sales Order flow - dealing with orders from multiple channels. Point of Sale for shop sales and despatch/customer notification process for web orders.
- Purchase Order Flow - adding purchase orders for future season stock orders. Booking that stock in and seeing at a glance what deliveries are outstanding.
- We'd love to be able to create configurable products in Magento straight out of Brightpearl. For example, products that have multiple colour or size options have to be created manually in Magento and then linked to the individual items/skus sent form Brightpearl to Magento.
- Saving report options. Reports we run regularly have to be configured each time we run them e.g. options selected for the report. Not a major thing but it would save time if those options could be saved.
- Point of Sale - it would be good if we could continue to use the POS part of Brightpearl if our internet connection goes down. Fortunately this does not happen too often.
- No IT infrastructure costs - its all hosted in the cloud by Brightpearl so we only need simple PCs. We have no IT department or outsourced IT support contract.
- Faster stock management & better stock control leading to almost maximum fulfillment.
- Less training required to get staff up to speed.
- Orderwise and Priam
Easier to implement, easier to use, more comprehensive and better value.
Brightperal is well suited to multi channel retail e.g. web, shops, Ebay Amazon etc. It is well suited to fashion - copes well with brands, colour and size options for product. It is well suited to businesses without high levels of IT expertise. Users without much computer experience can pick it up.
Basic IT skills and thorough understanding of processes across the whole business.