Overall Satisfaction with Greenhouse
We use Greenhouse as the platform for all recruiting functions globally. Prior to implementing Greenhouse, we had a lot of manual processes in place and the recruiting function as a whole was decentralized. There was no central repository for all recruiting-related information. With Greenhouse, we were able to align the team globally, centralize all functions, automate processes, and create a better hiring experience for managers.
- Reporting - In my role, I need to be able to diagnose where the breakdowns are in recruiting, and the system’s many canned reports help me do that. While Greenhouse doesn’t have the ability to let you build custom reports, there are enough reports available that I don’t have to do that. It’s also been very useful for me to get weekly recruitment reports from the system so I can see activity from a high level. All this lets me keep my finger on the pulse of hiring, and report effectively to the business where we are with progress to plan, while at the same time advising on trends I’m seeing and actions we may want to take.
- Interview Kits/Scorecards - Another great feature of the system. Getting everyone on the same sheet of music has been invaluable. Once all scorecards are input then the manager can see all of the feedback and make a decision. As I’ve mentioned, centralization is important to us and having all the feedback in one place makes it easy on recruiter and manager alike. And the interview kits are a great way to set everyone up for success, because they can be customized so that the whole interview panel takes the same approach, or each interviewer can be tasked with a specific question set. And it’s all so intuitive and easy to use. Several of our senior executives have set the standard for user engagement with Greenhouse!
- User experience - This was one very key area for us. We believe that recruiters are partners to managers, and for them to want to engage on that level, we needed a system that was user-friendly. And Greenhouse is definitely user-friendly. We have a high level of engagement here which has helped to further our goal of creating a culture of recruitment here.
- Reporting Customization - Although there are many canned reports that cover a variety of areas, I still have to export multiple reports in order to build a report which tells the story I’m trying to tell.
- User Access Customization - I understand this is something on their product roadmap. It would be great for them to get more granular in terms of access-level functionality.
- Greenhouse has had a tremendously positive impact on my team and on the business as a whole. I now have metrics to measure my team’s effectiveness and performance.
- Managers now have a system to use that’s incredibly useful, intuitive and it provides them with the ability to become more effective at hiring great people for their team.
- Because the system has a lot of functionality and it’s user-friendly, my recruiters are really engaged. They are able to create efficiencies in their workflow which help them provide extraordinary service to their partners.
When we were evaluating recruiting systems, we looked at Greenhouse, Lever and Jobvite. Must-haves for us were usability, robust search features, global support and reporting. Greenhouse met all of those requirements by a wide margin. Jobvite seemed antiquated, not user-friendly, and we did not care for their sales and support staff. Lever was very basically in its features and functions but felt like it could be a good system in a few years. In the end, we felt Greenhouse was the system that would be able to take our recruiting to the next level and scale with us as a company.
If you’re looking for a recruiting system that is user-friendly, intuitive and customizable, you should definitely look at Greenhouse.
Greenhouse allows us to be fluid with our recruiting process, which is important because we have to be able to pivot quickly to support the needs of the business. If you're looking for a tool that allows you to tailor your recruiting processes to a specific role and operate with a high degree of transparency (which Greenhouse allows you to do - everyone can run reports!), then this system should be given serious consideration.