Monitoring without worrying about the monitoring system
Overall Satisfaction with LogicMonitor
- Huge inventory of pre-built templates for monitoring things from Power PDUs to blade servers.
- Robust groovy scripting language that would enable administrators to add monitoring that is specific to your company.
- Uptime, uptime, uptime, uptime =). In the close to four years that we have used LogicMonitor, they have had one or two incidents of downtime.
- Eat to set up. The collector install takes minutes to install. I literally added hundreds of hosts within a day.
- Missing robust support for some fundamental things like SNMP traps.
- Support team is going through some growing pains. The people and coverage is growing but product expertise and customer experience is degrading. I am sure they will fix this though.
- They are in the middle of transitioning to a new UI. It looks better but is a lot harder to use for people that have been on the old UI for a long time. Probably just an issue with legacy customers.
- Money saved on capital expenditure to buy servers for a monitoring system. All our logicmonitor collectors are on virtual machines.
- Money saved on operating expense for headcount to maintain a huge monitoring system. Very low headcount to maintain a SaaS solution.
We had Zabbix before using Logicmonitor. We ran into massive scalability issues when trying to go past 2000 devices.
We spent a lot of time researching and trying to architect the system to work. However, despite our efforts we still missed alerts and customers were impacted due to the failed monitoring.
We had no scaling issues at all with Logicmonitor. We have tripled in size since we started using Logicmonitor and it all has been totally painless.
- Network Administrators
- Network Operations Center
- System Administrators
- Database Administrators
- Telecom Administrators
- Synthetic transaction monitoring (e.g. create interaction that simulates user interactions)
- Business intelligence reporting
Kept well informed
Support cares about my success
Quick Initial Response
Problems left unsolved
Need to explain problems multiple times
Like to use
Easy to use
Technical support not required
Quick to learn
Feel confident using
- Adding hosts to the platform
- Adding groovy scripts for custom monitoring
- Adding collectors to expand capacity
- Clicking through the device tree structure when there are 20 host groups and 3000 nodes
- Local cache of monitoring data. If network is down, the collector would cache the metrics for up to 30 minutes and will send it once the network is back up
- Website checks from collectors