Easy, simple, and effective
October 14, 2019
Easy, simple, and effective
Score 7 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Microsoft Yammer
We use Yammer as a company bulletin board. We share new employee hires and resignations, company successes, and areas for improvement, process flows, and documents, region or team-specific news and more. The entire company uses Yammer. We have a range of all-company forums based on category and several department-specific forums. Using Yammer allows us to share information with the company without it getting lost in email inboxes. We find it better it a better tool for information that has a long life or needs to be referred back to at a later time, compared to using instant messaging tools like Slack (which we use for briefer announcements).
- Email notifications for posts you have missed/might be of interest to you. Prompts you to open up Yammer and see missed announcements. This helps you keep up to date.
- Stable application, rarely (if any) downtime which is important if you want staff to regularly refer back to it.
- Historical posts are stored and can easily be accessed. This means it can be used as a repository and new staff members can read past announcements.
- It needs better search functionality. It should allow you to filter search records by date or users or groups.
- Bland user interface. It's a clean interface, but the design could be uplifted. Might help with user engagement if the design was modernized.
- No clear way of organizing groups in the navigation menu which makes it hard to easily find groups you have to access.
- You can add members to a group, but you have to search for members by name. It would be good if it could show all company members not in the group so you can invite members you think should be in the group.
- Yammer is a free tool, so no monetary cost to implement or continue using.
- The company is kept up to date about relevant news which is a huge positive. Means teams have the latest information to make good decisions inline with company strategy and share news with customers.
We have never had to use the support for Yammer. The tool works well and we have not come across any bugs. User Interface is simple and easy to use, similar to other forum type products, thereby removing the need for any extensive training. Team members are invited in and immediately are able to start using the tool.
Do you think Microsoft Yammer delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Microsoft Yammer's feature set?
Did Microsoft Yammer live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of Microsoft Yammer go as expected?
Would you buy Microsoft Yammer again?
We are a company with 50 employees with seven different departments. It helps us communicate across the company as well as departmental messages. Good for storing process related messages and documents. We encourage new employees to read through the history of specific groups so they understand processes, decisions, and actions.