Happy Namely User
Angie Turner | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 28, 2020

Happy Namely User

Overall Satisfaction with Namely

We use Namely HRIS, Payroll, Benefits & Time across our whole organization. Namely has helped us tremendously keeping track of our COVID sick pay and have helped put our mind at ease with their knowledge of the CARES Act and their implementation to the program.
  • Signed documents are stored directly in the app.
  • Employees love how easy it is to submit PTO.
  • We have just finished setting up all our EDI benefits files and I love that it takes a lot of extra work off me.
  • Processing payroll is a breeze.
  • The biggest con I hear from employees is that their payroll check does not show pending the day before.
  • When a Workflow has been declined by any chain, the target's manager (the person who created the workflow) is not notified. This is a big problem for us.
  • Their ACA support is not the best. You call in and talk to someone about your issue and then they talk to Namely's ACA specialist and then they relay the answer to you. You do not get to talk directly to the ACA specialist so if you go back and forth with questions (like I did), it takes forever to get a problem solved.
  • The ability for employees and managers to get information on themselves and those who report to them without waiting on a response from someone.
  • Streamlined workflows that eliminate numerous emails and forgotten steps.
I have only used Thomson Reuters Payroll software and I had used this for over 15 years. So comparing the actual payroll software products, I would say Creative Solutions had much more flexibility in the reporting area, but Namely does so much more overall.
Bryan at Namely Time is awesome to work with. I knew when I called him, most of the time, he knew the answer but if he didn't, he would figure it out and call me right back.
ACA support people just lack the knowledge.
Star at Namely Benefits is also great to work with.

Do you think Namely delivers good value for the price?

Are you happy with Namely's feature set?

Did Namely live up to sales and marketing promises?

Did implementation of Namely go as expected?

Would you buy Namely again?

Overall Namely does a great job and we feel that we definitely made the right choice.

Namely Feature Ratings

Employee demographic data
Employment history
Workflow for transfers, promotions, pay raises, etc.
Organizational charting
Organization and location management
Compliance data (COBRA, OSHA, etc.)
Pay calculation
Support for external payroll vendors
Off-cycle/On-Demand payment
Benefit plan administration
Direct deposit files
Salary revision and increment management
Reimbursement management
Approval workflow
Balance details
Annual carry-forward and encashment
View and generate pay and benefit information
Update personal information
View job history
View company policy documentation
Employee recognition
Tracking of all physical assets
Report builder
Pre-built reports
Ability to combine HR data with external data
Performance plans